• Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aquaponics, sure, why not

BroHay is online now Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I just want to keep things as a record b/c it allows me to go back and reference as well as document what I may have been doing at a given time. And not be held hostage with a 400/yr cost to be able to do 3rd party hosting

For both NH3 and NO2, I strive for zero. My NO3 around 80 PPM per the pond master test kit. That is subject to change once I finish the (hopefully) last change for inside my greenhouse.

I'll get a few pics up this evening so a better idea of what I doing can be seen.

Adam

icu2 is online now Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is usually here but if not I'm
      probably off flying

Feeling:
      Piratey

Quote Originally Posted by BroHay View Post
      I just want to keep things as a record b/c it allows me to go back and reference as well as document what I may have been doing at a given time. And not be held hostage with a 400/yr cost to be able to do 3rd party hosting

For both NH3 and NO2, I strive for zero. My NO3 around 80 PPM per the pond master test kit. That is subject to change once I finish the (hopefully) last change for inside my greenhouse.

I'll get a few pics up this evening so a better idea of what I doing can be seen.

Adam
      You can always start a new thread here on Koiphen to document your progress. Many of us have done that
      when building our ponds... I go back and check mine all the time since 2008 was a looong time ago.
      --Steve
      Find more about Weather in Poulsbo, WA

"It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company." --George Washington

BroHay is online now Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

This is a photo of my current expansion/with the larger dedicated koi tank my wife wanted to add before I even completed the original expansion.

Sits in a 30x36 GH. The current expansion consists of a 250 gallon IBC with a RFF (Radial Flow Filter) and an MBBR. I was just trying to seed some media, but there would have been a third poly barrel for a SUF (Static Upflow Filter)

It would have been capable of sustaining 184SF of growing area with

This is my dedicated "koi pool" that is roughly 1100 gallons and will house the current 30 koi that we have. I am still trying to figure out how to get everything I need to tie back into the original expansion. I'll get something that I can grow in the IBC that might find its way to the table :whoknows:

At roughly x4 the size, it could support a higher stocking density and ALOT more growing area.

My GH within a GH (it has been low 20's the past few mornings. Covering up my test system/future expansion

I keep cutting this thing back and it keeps growing. 2nd season and not showing signs of slowing down yet.

Still getting strawberries

20 koi powering the test system that skip the original expansion and go straight to the pool.

Adam
      Last edited by BroHay; 1 Day Ago at 07:18 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123