• Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: "Pond"ering

matherfish is offline Senior Member
      is blessed

Feeling:
      Happy

Thanks everyone for reading this thread. We have now had 10,000 views, and winter is not over! More later.
      Sunfire Hardy Water Lily now available
      [/B]
      See my Pro Seller store on Koiphen[B]

TN Department of Agriculture Inspected and Certified
      for over 15 years!

“People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care”
      ― Zig Ziglar

is blessed

Feeling:
      Happy

After two days of rain, I am water logged! But all of the rain has also come with warmer temps and some early signs of spring are starting to show up. This has warmed up my thoughts and my anxieties for spring! The daffodils are blooming, and trees are budding. Looking at the pond plants today I saw new leaves on some marginal plants, and some baby lettuce plants floating in the lettuce pond. "Spring must be round the corner," I thought.
      A few weeks ago we saw some frogs in one of the greenhouse ponds that had decided to winter in the greenhouse instead of hibernating. A couple of nights go when I came out to the greenhouse I heard the croaking of frogs, and I realized that spring was in the air. The frogs sounded like they were all in the greenhouse, but I heard three singing. No exactly a sign of spring because they were in the greenhouse. Tuesday night, however, my heart started beating faster as I heard the croaking of frogs from outside the greenhouse! Spring is in the air in the greenhouse and outside the greenhouse!
      The Green Goddess calla lily was blooming again today, reminding me of why I like the calla lily plants. Although not an actual pond plant, calla lilies enjoy wet feet and can be used in landscaping of the pond for their beautiful blooms.
      May your "pond"ering day dreams grow bigger and brighter each day as we march toward spring!
      Attached Images Attached Images   
      [/B]

for over 15 years!

― Zig Ziglar

is blessed

Feeling:
      Happy

My friend the frog was waiting for me today in almost the same place he was two days ago when I took his pic. Maybe he was pondering spring like I am. I noticed today his sides and his coloring is impressive. I will have to research him and see what kind of frog he is. Maybe someone here knows what type he is.
      I saw 5 frogs today in the gh but only the same two let me take pics. They seem to be used to me coming round because they just sat there as I moved around them.
      Also, the female mosquito fish I mentioned earlier is just getting bigger. She is huge! My last pics were almost a month ago, and still no babies, but she keeps getting bigger. Has not hurt her appetite. The picture from above shows here eating. The other is a side pic.
      So these are the things I pondered today. Not much, but it was such a pretty day, 81 and sunny, that I could not dream of spring, I felt like I was in the spring!
      Counting the days, but until then, I'm "pond"ering!
      Attached Images Attached Images     
      [/B]

for over 15 years!

― Zig Ziglar

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789