cindy
    scrape and scope better than dump and hope
    Moderator ~ WWKC Vice President ~
    Koi Health Care Committee Member
    Mt. Wash. KY - 7 miles outside Louisville

My first aid kit from 10 years ago, it was in Koi Nations magazine

Reading to see what has changed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cindy; 4 Days Ago at 11:32 AM.
    My opinions in ER and on this forum are mine only. Use my advice at your own discretion.

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

K.O.I.

Member: EIHIOICGI

http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...nd-Information

http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...06#post2606106 Show thread

KoiRun
    finds his water more interesting than his fish
    Wow that makes what 30 years experience! This is my 3rd year with koi and 4th with my goldfish named Shelly who is about a foot long now lol. When I first started looking after her she learned how to breath air and almost started walking on land because the water was so bad (I didn't know).
    I have got several bottles of pond prime and seachem safe. I also have a generator and a quarantine tank. These should give me some time to first stop panicking and wait until my koi dealers open the next day should I need meds. Though these guys can open their doors for me anytime.
    True emergencies for humans are for example are heart attack, asthma, stabbing, anaphylaxis, sepsis etc.
    Maybe koi can have the same eg. a heart attack or stroke? But can we do something about it?
    Maybe sepsis - but good luck getting antibiotics from a vet (and one that is not expired to store them).
    Only true emergencies I can think of is power outage in the middle of summer and a PH crash but I think these can be solved with water changes, dechlor/binder, generator and aerators. Of course fish out of water is another true emergency.
    I've heard of members here in pretty remote places where it would take a number of days or weeks to order treatments. Then it's good stock, but watch expiration date. PP seems to be a good all-round treatment that does not expire which I do have but have never used personally.
    Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. ---- John Lennon.

KoiValley
    is not dating anyone
    WWKC Lifetime Diamond Member #3 -
    Koi Health Care Committee Chairman
    An interesting kit. Not what was thought of at that time. Nice to see that what we do now is similar but in many respects much more in depth. Thanks Cindy for sharing.

Karl
    Karl Schoeler, founder: EIHIOICGI

Certified: AKCA Better Health Practices December 2008

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."