• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 21 to 32 of 32

    Thread: Need help Engineering Bio Filter

    1. #21
      reefcartel's Avatar
      reefcartel is offline Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Posts
      51
      Bump


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    2. #22
      icu2's Avatar
      icu2 is online now Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is usually here but if not I'm
      probably off flying
       
      Feeling:
      Piratey
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Location
      Poulsbo, WA
      Posts
      22,822
      I don't think there's any rush on getting the liner... I'd make sure you've got the size finished. If
      you're not sure the liner is the right size there are several online calculators too:

      https://www.justliners.com/prodspec.htm

      That BD air supply line looks way too small on the one pictured... I'd look for one like the Koi Toilet I:

      http://highdesertkoi.com/bottom-drains/

      Your BD should be trenched across the pond floor at an even level towards where your filtration
      will be. Then use 45* fittings to make a gradual rise up to the level of the first filter. Remember any
      gravity fed filtration will need to be at pond level...

      Question: Have you considered a concrete collar around the pond perimeter for stability? I found it was one of
      the best things I did for my liner pond.
      Do you have a final plan for filtration? I've seen a lot of ideas tossed out there but nothing really decided on.
      I'd have a good idea of what the filtration will be before digging trenches.
      --Steve
      Find more about Weather in Poulsbo, WA

      "It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company." --George Washington

    3. #23
      reefcartel's Avatar
      reefcartel is offline Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Posts
      51

      Need help Engineering Bio Filter

      Quote Originally Posted by icu2 View Post
      I don't think there's any rush on getting the liner... I'd make sure you've got the size finished. If
      you're not sure the liner is the right size there are several online calculators too:

      https://www.justliners.com/prodspec.htm

      That BD air supply line looks way too small on the one pictured... I'd look for one like the Koi Toilet I:

      http://highdesertkoi.com/bottom-drains/

      Your BD should be trenched across the pond floor at an even level towards where your filtration
      will be. Then use 45* fittings to make a gradual rise up to the level of the first filter. Remember any
      gravity fed filtration will need to be at pond level...

      Question: Have you considered a concrete collar around the pond perimeter for stability? I found it was one of
      the best things I did for my liner pond.
      Do you have a final plan for filtration? I've seen a lot of ideas tossed out there but nothing really decided on.
      I'd have a good idea of what the filtration will be before digging trenches.
      Thank you. Yes theres a concrete liner


      As far as the Filtration. I am going with an RDF, Bio and a 4 level shower return similar to this pic.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by reefcartel; 04-23-2017 at 12:53 AM.

    4. #24
      reefcartel's Avatar
      reefcartel is offline Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Posts
      51
      An RDF and a trickle Shower. First on my list for filtration for 5000 gallons.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    5. #25
      reefcartel's Avatar
      reefcartel is offline Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Posts
      51
      Ready to start digging my pond lol


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    6. #26
      kevin32 is online now CKK in training
      is chillin
       
      Feeling:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      brentwood ca. up north
      Posts
      4,048
      I can help you make a diy shower if you want. i used home depot totes. but would use stackpack totes next time. much easier to do imo. perhaps others can share there stakpak showers...

      or text me your email address and I can send a pdf file showing step by step instructions...

    7. #27
      reefcartel's Avatar
      reefcartel is offline Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Posts
      51
      Quote Originally Posted by kevin32 View Post
      I can help you make a diy shower if you want. i used home depot totes. but would use stackpack totes next time. much easier to do imo. perhaps others can share there stakpak showers...

      or text me your email address and I can send a pdf file showing step by step instructions...
      Thanks Kevin. Yes that would be awesome. I have an uncle who works in a stainless steel factory. They make Pizza tray and bbq pits etc lol i was thinking help me get dimensions to customize a stainless steel stack pack similar to this one?



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    8. #28
      kevin32 is online now CKK in training
      is chillin
       
      Feeling:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      brentwood ca. up north
      Posts
      4,048
      Quote Originally Posted by reefcartel View Post
      Thanks Kevin. Yes that would be awesome. I have an uncle who works in a stainless steel factory. They make Pizza tray and bbq pits etc lol i was thinking help me get dimensions to customize a stainless steel stack pack similar to this one?



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      that would be sweet

    9. #29
      reefcartel's Avatar
      reefcartel is offline Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Posts
      51




      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    10. #30
      icu2's Avatar
      icu2 is online now Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is usually here but if not I'm
      probably off flying
       
      Feeling:
      Piratey
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Location
      Poulsbo, WA
      Posts
      22,822
      Great start! That's a lot of work...
      --Steve
      Find more about Weather in Poulsbo, WA

      "It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company." --George Washington

    11. #31
      ccna101 is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      San Francisco Bay Area
      Posts
      233
      Hi,

      I think we have similar clay soil in the east bay ... this dry season it solid and hard as -clay- ! then come the water and you can not walk on it

      4ft seem to be a good deep + have it raise 18" and you have yourself a 5ft+ pond .

      The existing collar looks subpar ? build it just 2x4 and no base / footing ? look to see if they have rebar inside or not ? most likely, you have to add a concrete collar with 8" wide, and a footing of 18" and rebar for support ... Plan carefully and you can use it as raise pond !!! search -KP: we do have a lot of pictures and build somewhere .

      PM me if you need any help or ask.

      Dong

    12. #32
      reefcartel's Avatar
      reefcartel is offline Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Posts
      51
      Quote Originally Posted by ccna101 View Post
      Hi,

      I think we have similar clay soil in the east bay ... this dry season it solid and hard as -clay- ! then come the water and you can not walk on it

      4ft seem to be a good deep + have it raise 18" and you have yourself a 5ft+ pond .

      The existing collar looks subpar ? build it just 2x4 and no base / footing ? look to see if they have rebar inside or not ? most likely, you have to add a concrete collar with 8" wide, and a footing of 18" and rebar for support ... Plan carefully and you can use it as raise pond !!! search -KP: we do have a lot of pictures and build somewhere .

      PM me if you need any help or ask.

      Dong
      Thanks Dong. I will send you PM right now. I need more clarification because im not familiar with what base / footing is and the concrete collar is already cemented on there at the same level as all the concrete flooring in my whole backyard


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •