Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Blue eco drum upgrade

  1. #21
    icu2's Avatar
    icu2 is online now
    icu2
    should be off flying somwhere
    Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Poulsbo, WA
    Posts
    21,014
    Imo, no... it wouldn't work for the reason I posted earlier. It's not the fact that the water is staying on but that the drum is not able to turn
    to the clean side of the drum. The water is draining from the rdf because it's not able to flow water through the drum at a rate high enough to feed
    the pumps. Shutting off the booster pump will stop the water providing the cleaning cycle, but it alone won't restore water height on the clean side
    of the rdf and consequently it won't reset the piston to reset the cleaning cycle.
    --Steve
    Find more about Weather in Poulsbo, WA

    "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose. --Lyndon B. Johnson

  2. #22
    Bryan_e_m is offline
    Bryan_e_m
    has not specified a status.
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dickson, TN
    Posts
    43
    If you are using a booster pump you could put a delay timer on the booster pump. Basically get a timer that would shut the pump off after 30 seconds. What I don't know how to do would be to hold the pump off for the time it takes to pull the piston back. Maybe someone else has ideas on that? It would be easy to due with an arduino, but that kind of defeats the purpose of no electronics or simple relays/timers.

  3. #23
    mao83515 is online now
    mao83515
    has not specified a status.
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by icu2 View Post
    Imo, no... it wouldn't work for the reason I posted earlier. It's not the fact that the water is staying on but that the drum is not able to turn
    to the clean side of the drum. The water is draining from the rdf because it's not able to flow water through the drum at a rate high enough to feed
    the pumps. Shutting off the booster pump will stop the water providing the cleaning cycle, but it alone won't restore water height on the clean side
    of the rdf and consequently it won't reset the piston to reset the cleaning cycle.
    Are you using BE pump?

  4. #24
    icu2's Avatar
    icu2 is online now
    icu2
    should be off flying somwhere
    Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Poulsbo, WA
    Posts
    21,014
    No. I'm using an ESBB10500 and a Sequence Performance Pro 1/3hp. Or do you mean a booster pump?
    --Steve
    Find more about Weather in Poulsbo, WA

    "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose. --Lyndon B. Johnson

  5. #25
    mao83515 is online now
    mao83515
    has not specified a status.
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by icu2 View Post
    No. I'm using an ESBB10500 and a Sequence Performance Pro 1/3hp. Or do you mean a booster pump?
    No, I mean mail pump.

  6. #26
    skidog's Avatar
    skidog is offline
    skidog
    One down two to go.
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Gig Harbor WA
    Posts
    77
    I think I finally got my BE under control. My problem was a water leak around one of my skimmers so the pond level was low by a couple inches and that limited the full function of the float valve in the tank. I don't have an auto filler hooked up yet so the pond water level just stayed at the lower level. The valve in the BE was always staying on and dumping tons of water. Our water bill is/was running $300/mo. Average daily use is/was 2,000 gallons. I sealed around the skimmer and topped off the pond and the water level is holding better and the rdf hasn't stuck on since. I adjusted the drum rotation to the fastest so the piston will retract more quickly once the cycle is complete and also took out all the weights inside the float. I hooked up two s/g filters which took the water clarity to another level that I wasn't getting from just the BE and that has helped keep the BE running with longer time between cleaning cycles. So far it seems to be working. What a long, expensive project this has been!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •