• Tired
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue eco drum upgrade

icu2 is offline Administrator ~ WWKC President
      ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is sorry otters exist

Feeling:
      Annoyed

Imo, no... it wouldn't work for the reason I posted earlier. It's not the fact that the water is staying on but that the drum is not able to turn
      to the clean side of the drum. The water is draining from the rdf because it's not able to flow water through the drum at a rate high enough to feed
      the pumps. Shutting off the booster pump will stop the water providing the cleaning cycle, but it alone won't restore water height on the clean side
      of the rdf and consequently it won't reset the piston to reset the cleaning cycle.
      --Steve

Koiphen 2021 Koi Person of the Year!

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

Bryan_e_m is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

If you are using a booster pump you could put a delay timer on the booster pump. Basically get a timer that would shut the pump off after 30 seconds. What I don't know how to do would be to hold the pump off for the time it takes to pull the piston back. Maybe someone else has ideas on that? It would be easy to due with an arduino, but that kind of defeats the purpose of no electronics or simple relays/timers.

mao83515 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by icu2 View Post
      Imo, no... it wouldn't work for the reason I posted earlier. It's not the fact that the water is staying on but that the drum is not able to turn
      to the clean side of the drum. The water is draining from the rdf because it's not able to flow water through the drum at a rate high enough to feed
      the pumps. Shutting off the booster pump will stop the water providing the cleaning cycle, but it alone won't restore water height on the clean side
      of the rdf and consequently it won't reset the piston to reset the cleaning cycle.
      Are you using BE pump?

icu2 is offline Administrator ~ WWKC President
      ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is sorry otters exist

Feeling:
      Annoyed

No. I'm using an ESBB10500 and a Sequence Performance Pro 1/3hp. Or do you mean a booster pump?
      --Steve

Koiphen 2021 Koi Person of the Year!

mao83515 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by icu2 View Post
      No. I'm using an ESBB10500 and a Sequence Performance Pro 1/3hp. Or do you mean a booster pump?
      No, I mean mail pump.

skidog is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I think I finally got my BE under control. My problem was a water leak around one of my skimmers so the pond level was low by a couple inches and that limited the full function of the float valve in the tank. I don't have an auto filler hooked up yet so the pond water level just stayed at the lower level. The valve in the BE was always staying on and dumping tons of water. Our water bill is/was running $300/mo. Average daily use is/was 2,000 gallons. I sealed around the skimmer and topped off the pond and the water level is holding better and the rdf hasn't stuck on since. I adjusted the drum rotation to the fastest so the piston will retract more quickly once the cycle is complete and also took out all the weights inside the float. I hooked up two s/g filters which took the water clarity to another level that I wasn't getting from just the BE and that has helped keep the BE running with longer time between cleaning cycles. So far it seems to be working. What a long, expensive project this has been!

hepho is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan_e_m View Post
      If you are using a booster pump you could put a delay timer on the booster pump. Basically get a timer that would shut the pump off after 30 seconds. What I don't know how to do would be to hold the pump off for the time it takes to pull the piston back. Maybe someone else has ideas on that? It would be easy to due with an arduino, but that kind of defeats the purpose of no electronics or simple relays/timers.
      Can you tell me how to set delay timer for booster pump ?

Bryan_e_m is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by hepho View Post
      Can you tell me how to set delay timer for booster pump ?
      Not really. I had not thought through the electronics of doing it exactly.

In some quick searching and thinking you might be able to use something like this http://www.icmcontrols.com/DelayonBr...-Prodview.html The schematic has a diagram that you could modify and use. Instead of using the "thermostat" you could use the relay output from your booster pumps pressure switch.

hepho is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan_e_m View Post
      Not really. I had not thought through the electronics of doing it exactly.

In some quick searching and thinking you might be able to use something like this http://www.icmcontrols.com/DelayonBr...-Prodview.html The schematic has a diagram that you could modify and use. Instead of using the "thermostat" you could use the relay output from your booster pumps pressure switch.
      If delay timer solve problem with blue Eco stuck on .
      Is anyone can help me build one relay-delay timer controller box for booster pump ?

kevin32 is offline Inactivated
      is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

how or do i need to remove this to remove the drum?
      the pope angled that feeds spray bar
      I'm removing it now
      Attached Images Attached Images  

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

DragonFireSG is offline Senior Member
      is fat and well fed.

Feeling:
      Geeky

You will need to remove the waste tray to get more clearance. It is fastened by a few bolts on the underside. You can feel around for them. Mind the sharp edges! Also, be careful as the waste tray is a tight fit, and has edges that might damage the mesh of the drum.

I am not sure if there is a good way to remove the pipes whilst your system is hooked up. I have done mine, but only because excessive booster pump pressure caused a join to pop.

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12