• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deepwater Koi's Gravity Fed Zakki Shower

Zac Penn is offline Supporting Member
      is the owner of Deepwater Koi
      Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Hello Dong,
      Unfortunately you cannot use a gravity fed sieve in front of a gravity fed shower. All sieves that are not pump fed need to have the water pump directly after the sieve. My gravity fed Zakki Shower requires the pump to be directly after the shower so it won't work in that configuration. This is one of the only situations when a gravity fed mechanical filter cannot flow into my Gravity Fed Shower.

As for seeing it in person I will have an interesting setup this weekend at the North Florida Koi Show in Jacksonville, FL, that will have a gravity fed DracoDrum RDF, combined with my G-Shower (I think that is what I am going to call it for now on). I will be sure to update with pictures of that for you all to see.

I am also trying to go to the Tri-State ZNA Koi Show in Staten Island this year, but I need to work out some details with possible customers. I want to have my show display sold so i don't have to worry about bringing it back home. With freight costs, airfare and hotels these out of state koi shows really add up for me. If anyone in that area is interested in a good deal on a show display get in touch with me
      Zac Penn.... Not an expert on Pump Testing, no matter what people may think!
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

tbullard is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by ccna101 View Post
      Hi Zac,

I was hope to see this in person, and understand how can I incorporate this Grav. Feed shower into my US3 ... what it is gonna cost me ? PM me the price /feature is fine

Dong
      Quote Originally Posted by Zac Penn View Post
      Hello Dong,
      Unfortunately you cannot use a gravity fed sieve in front of a gravity fed shower. All sieves that are not pump fed need to have the water pump directly after the sieve. My gravity fed Zakki Shower requires the pump to be directly after the shower so it won't work in that configuration. This is one of the only situations when a gravity fed mechanical filter cannot flow into my Gravity Fed Shower.

As for seeing it in person I will have an interesting setup this weekend at the North Florida Koi Show in Jacksonville, FL, that will have a gravity fed DracoDrum RDF, combined with my G-Shower (I think that is what I am going to call it for now on). I will be sure to update with pictures of that for you all to see.

I am also trying to go to the Tri-State ZNA Koi Show in Staten Island this year, but I need to work out some details with possible customers. I want to have my show display sold so i don't have to worry about bringing it back home. With freight costs, airfare and hotels these out of state koi shows really add up for me. If anyone in that area is interested in a good deal on a show display get in touch with me
      Was he possibly asking about converting his USIII into a gravity shower???

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by tbullard View Post
      Was he possibly asking about converting his USIII into a gravity shower???
      Maybe, but that doesn't work either because my shower filter is strictly a biological filter, and should not be used for any type of mechanical filtration. He would have to eliminate the USIII and replace it with an RDF, and then he could install the G-Shower after the RDF.
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

ccna101 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Hi,

I am sorry for a vague question: I do intend to add this after a US3 and from Zac note , this configuration will not work for some reason I try to defy Newton law,

It is a wonderful piece of innovative and functional design, Zac ... great job...

Dong

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by ccna101 View Post
      Hi,

I am sorry for a vague question: I do intend to add this after a US3 and from Zac note , this configuration will not work for some reason I try to defy Newton law,

It is a wonderful piece of innovative and functional design, Zac ... great job...

Dong
      Sorry I had to bring the bad news. However you could do something like this...
      http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...a-Zakki-Shower
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

I made a video that goes into more detail on the G-Shower while at the Central Florida Koi Show last weekend. If you only want to hear about the G-Shower then skip to 4:00 ...

904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

bdel01 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

what are the dimensions of these units?
      best
      -ben

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Hey Ben,
      The dimensions vary based on what kind of filter it is connected to. As of the now the only dimension that is standard is the 48" total height. The pond water level must be no HIGHER than 1" below the top of the filter (so the bottom of the G-Shower is 47" below pond water level) and I wouldn't recommend it being any LOWER than 2.5" below the top of the filter. The spillway has a travel of 8 vertical inches so there is quite a bit of travel there, but in order to get maximum flow through the filter you want it to be install as close to the 47" measurement as possible.

As for the length and width measurements...
      Widths will become standardized to work with the new Rio Shower Media so to avoid cutting of the media it should be in multiples of 12" widths.
      Lengths will be somewhat variable based on how much media you want to incorporate as well as how much water flow you want through the system. For reference, the Gravity Fed ZacoDraco25 (first filter in the above video) is 5' long x 2' wide x 4' tall. The stand alone G-Shower in the above video was 3' long x 30" wide x 4' tall and was initially designed to work with a ProfiDrum 65/40 which is why it is 30" wide.
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

tf104 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Hello Zac ,
      I have a profi combi 30 that is roughly 36" tall by 24" wide flowing about 5500 gph can a g shower be designed to work with the combi 30?

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by tf104 View Post
      Hello Zac ,
      I have a profi combi 30 that is roughly 36" tall by 24" wide flowing about 5500 gph can a g shower be designed to work with the combi 30?
      Yes the G-Shower can work with a Profi-Combi, but you will need dig out a little extra earth under the G-Shower to get it at the correct elevation. Or if this isn't an option then I could custom design a G-Shower to work at that height but you would have to absorb the re-engineering costs.
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Hey Ben,
      The dimensions vary based on what kind of filter it is connected to. As of the now the only dimension that is standard is the 48" total height. The pond water level must be no HIGHER than 1" below the top of the filter (so the bottom of the G-Shower is 47" below pond water level) and I wouldn't recommend it being any LOWER than 2.5" below the top of the filter. The spillway has a travel of 8 vertical inches so there is quite a bit of travel there, but in order to get maximum flow through the filter you want it to be install as close to the 47" measurement as possible.

As for the length and width measurements...
      Widths will become standardized to work with the new Rio Shower Media so to avoid cutting of the media it should be in multiples of 12" widths.
      Lengths will be somewhat variable based on how much media you want to incorporate as well as how much water flow you want through the system. For reference, the Gravity Fed ZacoDraco25 (first filter in the above video) is 5' long x 2' wide x 4' tall. The stand alone G-Shower in the above video was 3' long x 30" wide x 4' tall and was initially designed to work with a ProfiDrum 65/40 which is why it is 30" wide.
      Hey Zac,

Seems like the Gravity Fed ZacoDraco 25 is bigger than the pump fed. Did i see that right?
      best
      -ben

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by bdel01 View Post
      Hey Zac,

Seems like the Gravity Fed ZacoDraco 25 is bigger than the pump fed. Did i see that right?
      Yes it is both longer (due to the DarcoDrum25 and moving spillway) and taller than the pump fed units. There is a Draco25 (max flow rate 6600 GPH) in the Gravity ZacoDraco, and a Draco16 (max flow rate 4500 GPH) in the pump fed ZacoDraco
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Yes it is both longer (due to the DarcoDrum25 and moving spillway) and taller than the pump fed units. There is a Draco25 (max flow rate 6600 GPH) in the Gravity ZacoDraco, and a Draco16 (max flow rate 4500 GPH) in the pump fed ZacoDraco
      Safe to assume a draco 25 pump fed can also do 6600 GPH or close to?
      best
      -ben

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Yes...
      DracoDrum 2 has a max flow rate of 3500 GPH
      DracoDrum 16 has a max flow rate of 4500 GPH
      DracoDrum 25 has a max flow rate of 6600 GPH
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Will the bio house media like the new Rio or standard Bakki House Media slow gph down? If so what do you think will slow down the most out of those 2?
      best
      -ben

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by bdel01 View Post
      Will the bio house media like the new Rio or standard Bakki House Media slow gph down? If so what do you think will slow down the most out of those 2?
      I am a little confused about what you are asking. If you are asking which of those medias allows the most water to flow through it then it would be the Rio Media. The Bio House Media would be second and based on strictly visual estimates I would say about 50% less water can flow through it. Then Bacteria House media doesn't allow water to flow through it at all so that would be last in porosity.
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I am a little confused about what you are asking. If you are asking which of those medias allows the most water to flow through it then it would be the Rio Media. The Bio House Media would be second and based on strictly visual estimates I would say about 50% less water can flow through it. Then Bacteria House media doesn't allow water to flow through it at all so that would be last in porosity.
      i guess what i'm asking is what media will slow flow down more? Rio or Momotaro/Seaside Bakki (guess you could call them tubes)?
      best
      -ben

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Seeing as the media is used inside a shower, the media itself is not a restriction to flow, unless your desired effect is to have the water pass THROUGH the media instead of pass AROUND it. If you don't care if the water passes around the media, then they can all be used at the same flow rate.

If you want the water to flow through the media then it just won't happen with Bacteria House, but you will get good flow through the Seaside Media, and you will get crazy fast flow through the Rio Media (depending on which pore size you choose). The larger the pores the faster the water will flow through it.
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I see your point on flow, thanks. Just thinking about what happens if and when the RIO media becomes "seeded" will it plug up holes or cause a film to not let water pass through? I know the same can happen with the tubular media and water can go around. Just wondering what happens if and when water doesnt pass directly through the RIO.

Didn't know RIO had different pore size.
      best
      -ben

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Good question Ben. The larger the pore size the less chance of this happening. Also you need to make sure the water is mechanically cleaned before going to the media. If the water is clean, and the amount of media is sized appropriately to the pond, then you don't have to worry about the pores clogging up. I have 7 yr old Cermedia that has NEVER been cleaned in the original zakki Sieve that is not clogged and allows water to pass right through it.

However to play devils advocate, if the media does clog up, just take it out of the filter and hose it off like you filter matting. It is only 2" thick, so blasting it with the hose would clean out the pores if you aren't using clean water going to your Rio Media.
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast