Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bulging eyes.

koiman1950
    taking time to enjoy life
    Senior Member ~ Koi Health Care Committee Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin32 View Post
    I saw debs thread. I don't feel her problem was the same as mine. just my .02. I feel my problem was bacterial related. I have had bulging eyes turn into lifted scales within 2 days last year. I just got rid of fish from overcrowding but I think this sanke had a bacterial issue before I got rid of the 9 koi . I will improve filtration this spring. feed more to prevent this again. also have bad liner folds trapping leaves etc... and will redo the pindustry and do cement.

heating the koi and adding salt worked to relieve the pressure cool. Deb never heated her koi up and did not want to inject because of the lower temp and ineffectiveness? when I heat up the pond the bacteria will wake up whether Good or bad. injections will help boost the immune system and the fish has better ability to adapt to this. I don't want to get into a argument here. if so just forget this thread.

that is about it either the fish makes it or doesn't. thanks for the responses and really I have my mind set to do 2 more injections. if you don't agree fine and that is your opinion. if I inject 2 more times and fish does well you can just say I got lucky and would have been better off not doing it. if the fish doesnt make it your can say should not have injected it. either way easy to make me look like Im doing the wrong thing. everyone seems a expert.
    was a day late doing injection and didn't add the elbergin right away. fish is not looking to good.
    Well, I guess the proof is in the pudding. Kevin, I couldn't care less what you decide to do. That's your decision. You came here asking for advice. If you don't want it or feel it's not correct, then that's up to you to decide. No One ever said your situation and Deb's was "the same", just comparing different scenarios. However, I can say this with certainty - all your statements are full of speculation as you cut corners, don't scrape/scope and then make decisions based on these "guesses". I thought you would have learned by now! BTW, It's Elbagin!
    Mike

check out our website at: http://www.pond-life.net

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

kevin32
    is getting tired
    CKK in training
    sorry if I came of as a little rude as a reread my thread. I just felt it was bacterial that is all.

koiman1950
    taking time to enjoy life
    Senior Member ~ Koi Health Care Committee Member
    But, you really don't KNOW FOR SURE what it is/was, right? So, what is causing the new issue if you've already given multiple shots of antibiotics?
    Mike

check out our website at: http://www.pond-life.net

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

kevin32
    is getting tired
    CKK in training
    Quote Originally Posted by koiman1950 View Post
    But, you really don't KNOW FOR SURE what it is/was, right? So, what is causing the new issue if you've already given multiple shots of antibiotics?
    I was supposed to inject Saturday but didn't and waited until Sunday. it was my first time injecting. seen it done. also possible I injected to deep and caused the issue. before the first shot I did notice redness in the body however.

so like you said I don't know for sure

kntry
    has not specified a status.
    2017 KPOTY
    Injections are not going to boost the immune system.

If you're going to inject, the water needs to be at least 55*. The injections must be done every day for 3 days, skip a day and do one, skip a day and do one. If you don't follow protocol, it's not going to work. It's applied science.

What length needle did you use? If you inject just under the skin and point towards the head, using a 1/2" diabetic syringe, you can't inject too deep.

Don't mean to be beating a dead horse but it's just like people. If you don't follow the doc's directions, the meds are not going to work and you're going to continue to get sicker.
    Sandy
    CKK, KHA

Russell Peters
    Quote Originally Posted by kntry View Post

If you're going to inject, the water needs to be at least 55*. The injections must be done every day for 3 days, skip a day and do one, skip a day and do one. If you don't follow protocol, it's not going to work. It's applied science.

What length needle did you use? If you inject just under the skin and point towards the head, using a 1/2" diabetic syringe, you can't inject too deep.

Don't mean to be beating a dead horse but it's just like people. If you don't follow the doc's directions, the meds are not going to work and you're going to continue to get sicker.
    His water is 74 and he is using Fortaz so the injection timeline you mentioned would not be correct for that. He did not go to deep and his needle is only 1/2".
    Dealer, Distributor
    &
    US Agent for INC

kevin32
    is getting tired
    CKK in training

water is now 74 degrees. I did not follow doctors instructions and slipped 1 day on that antibiotic treatment. the redness has turned brown and the fish seems more active again.

kevin32
    is getting tired
    CKK in training
    did 3rd injection. fish is hanging in there. don't see any new bacterial sores. I don't want to stress the fish out and will let the last injection do its work. also amazing I was able to recover it. I did several things wrong like heating to fast. slipped injection. I added keeton ki nitrifier bacteria yesterday as the qt was showing nitrite. testing the nitrite now to see if it went down. will add more bacteria tomorrow since I have alot of it

kntry
    2017 KPOTY
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
    His water is 74 and he is using Fortaz so the injection timeline you mentioned would not be correct for that. He did not go to deep and his needle is only 1/2".
    Sorry, Russ. Guess I had wrong information. I'll butt out since you're helping Kevin.
    Sandy
    CKK, KHA

kevin32
    is getting tired
    CKK in training
    I kinda worry and 2nd guess myself sometimes. I don't think I went to deep now, i was kinda nervous injecting for the first time myself and would have been nice to have a 2nd hand.

kevin32
    is getting tired
    CKK in training
    fish is finally eating and more active. I have kinda just left it alone as that's what the Dr said to do. replacing water with the same temp as I take out and slowly added BS to get the kh up. still need to add more. at 6 drops now.

this fish had pinecone and the kidneys were shutting down. thanks for the salt trick Sandy and thanks to russ for taking over from there and my phone calls as well

kntry
    2017 KPOTY
    Any time. I'm glad he's getting better.
    Sandy
    CKK, KHA

kevin32
    is getting tired
    CKK in training
    Any time. I'm glad he's getting better.
    me 2. I'm still not out of the woods but this has been a great learning experience. have to start somewhere.

kevin32
    is getting tired
    CKK in training
    fish is eating better and wanting more food. also has been way more active and swimming with strength. I feel pretty good I was able to get to this point. step in the right direction for me. the fish is getting nice pure white now and looks like the tancho is trying to come back some. I feel this fish was suffering some bacteria infection for awhile and was fading in color...
    Last edited by kevin32; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:08 PM.

KoiRun
    finds his water more interesting than his fish
    Great job on the pine-cone recovery kevin (and Russ,Rick,Rich,kntry,koiman). First pine-cone recovery I've EVER heard of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gs2qY5t-b4
    Last edited by KoiRun; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:46 PM.
    Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. ---- John Lennon.

kevin32
    is getting tired
    CKK in training
    Quote Originally Posted by KoiRun View Post
    Great job on the pine-cone recovery kevin (and Russ,Rick,Rich,kntry,koiman). First pine-cone recovery I've EVER heard of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gs2qY5t-b4
    It was a great experience. giving injections and trying to maintain good water was a challenge. when I water changedamage I put back the same temp water as the qt. 72.5 degrees. the fish is eating like a pig and the sumi and Beni are looking pretty sharp

pinecone has been saved by many experts. I just listened to the experts and did the best I could... salt. heat. injections and Elbagin all worked together. I have lost many fish from pinecone and this is the first I have ever recovered.

if I can do it most people should be able to as well.

thanks for posting the video. the fish is so active and doing so well now.
    Last edited by kevin32; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:09 PM.

kevin32
    is getting tired
    CKK in training
    new pics and video. can you heal dropsy? the scales were lifted before and decide for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK0Y6Qa9bnM
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by kevin32; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:27 PM.

KoiRun
    finds his water more interesting than his fish
    new pics and video.can you heal dropsy? the scales were lifted before and decide for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK0Y6Qa9bnM
    I guess caught early enough, and bacterial in nature, with an antibiotic that the bacteria is sensitive to, and with proper supportive care, you can be lucky
    Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. ---- John Lennon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123