Thread: CA Koi Breeders?

KoiM
    is feeding the koi

CA Koi Breeders?

I live in caifornia, in the bay area. Does anyone know some good places to buy koi? I'm looking for small ones, like 4-8". I went to Tse Koi, saw lots of koi. Not sure if they are pure or mutts. If anybody knows any reputable breeders around here plz tell me, any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Billy
    say there's no sales tax in Oregon
    Where do you live in California. Lots of dealers sell small koi in California. There's Barstow koi farm in southern California.

Other Sites Sale prices are our everyday prices.
    Vice President Oregon Koi and Watergarden Society

Billy
    say there's no sales tax in Oregon
    There are lots of dealers in San Jose that have small koi.

Other Sites Sale prices are our everyday prices.
    Vice President Oregon Koi and Watergarden Society

kdh
    has not specified a status.
    Quote Originally Posted by KoiM View Post
    I live in caifornia, in the bay area. Does anyone know some good places to buy koi? I'm looking for small ones, like 4-8". I went to Tse Koi, saw lots of koi. Not sure if they are pure or mutts. If anybody knows any reputable breeders around here plz tell me, any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Just what is it you are looking for. I used to have a few pure mutts. But what kind of quality are you looking for? You live in an area were there are more koi dealers than anywhere else in the US. You could have gone down the road just a little bit further and stopped at Champion and Genke Koi. Are you looking for a $15.00 koi or a $1500.00. What one man's pure could be another man's mutt.lol

ricshaw
    AKA Captain Obvious says; "You can never have too much Bio"
    Koi hobbyists who live on the West Coast are lucky.

On the West Coast we have several (many in So Cal) Koi dealers that sell 5" - 8" imported Japanese Koi for prices that compete with domestic Koi breeders.

koiman1950
    taking time to enjoy life
    Senior Member ~ Koi Health Care Committee Member
    And for the OP, these are dealers. There is only one or two BREEDERS in California. If you want to check out other dealers on the SF Bay Area, check out Champion Koi (champkoi.com) and Genki Koi (genkikoi.com). But, all three carry nothing but Japanese imports with a variety of quality levels. Tsekoi's fish are just slightly below grade of the other two dealers.
    Mike

check out our website at: http://www.pond-life.net

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."