Thread: Before i make a mistake! Tell me im ugly!

cotterpins
    has not specified a status.

Before i make a mistake! Tell me im ugly!

We have 2 ponds. One with expensive fish, one with $10 pond store fish. I would like to give them away and redo pond in spring. One fish might be a pretty nice fish and I can not decide to keep and place with the expensive , or should I just save the room in the fancy pond for another fancy fish!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Arid
    is spawning koi
    CKK in training
    Ahh... you are asking us to solve a moral dilemma? You may be on your own here. If you like it keep it but I'm sure there will be plenty of people keen to take it off your hands.

koiman1950
    taking time to enjoy life
    Senior Member ~ Koi Health Care Committee Member
    Well, your "value" of these may not agree with the "value" by others. Also, it does help to know the varietal names along with what makes them better quality than the others. This one appears to be a long fin/butterfly Yamabuki Ogon that does appear quite decent. But, not having seen what else you have would make it rather hard to help you decide what to do with it. Also, better pics, in a proper koi bowl/measuring tub would be much more helpful. In pond shots like this do very little to show off the fish for better evaluation.
    Mike

check out our website at: http://www.pond-life.net

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."