Thread: How would you seal this pond?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
      kntry is offline 2017 KPOTY
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

How would you seal this pond?

This is my mud pond right now. The fish have dug through the red clay barrier and it has leaked down to maybe 1' deep in the center. It is a slimy, bubbling, disgusting mess.

I started seining today to get the few koi I have left after the flood. They are very hard to catch since they have dug holes all over the bottom and the net just skims over them.

Once I get as many as I can out, I'm going to pump out the rest of the water and hopefully, be able to walk through the quick sand to get the remaining ones out.

I'm going to seine it a few more times this afternoon. So far, I've caught more Perch and Shiners from the flood than koi.

I tried walking across it about a month ago and almost lost my leg in the muck, slurry of red clay.

I'm hoping to drain it and it will dry out enough that a friend can come fix it. I really have no idea how to seal it. I don't think bentoinite clay will help much because it's sand and clay and my friend only has about 3,000 lbs., if I remember right.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Sandy
      CKK, KHA