Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Central Florida Koi & Goldfish Show 2017

jimfish98
    is tired
    They must have selected the place with Russ in mind, there is a Starbucks on site.

Diamond Lifetime Member #95!
    Just because its not a Great Koi doesn't mean its not a Great Koi...Me circa 2013

koi kichi
    has not specified a status.
    NO, I read the website and it had the hotel listed but nothing about rates

MikeM
    has kept koi since 1978
    UPDATE!! … Folks reading here have figured it out, but here is the 'official' KP announcement....

The Central Florida Koi & Goldfish Show Is Moving…. As some already know, CFK&GS got quite a surprise in mid-October. The hotel where the show has been held for over a decade was sold and the new owner announced it was being shut down for a full renovation. CFK&GS suddenly had no venue. But, we were not about to cancel. After researching and visiting dozens of potential sites, all of which had strengths and weaknesses, we found one that could accommodate all of our activities, on the same dates, and which, after much negotiating, was financially feasible. The "Orlando Show" will still be held March 10-12, 2017. The new location is the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, 5780 Major Blvd., Orlando, FL 32819, located across from the Universal Studios theme park at the intersection of Major Blvd. and Kirkman Rd. For those familiar with Orlando, the DoubleTree is the 'twin towers' hotel readily seen from I-4 by all who drive through.

So, CFK&GS will be back in 2017 as the largest judged koi show in the Eastern U.S., and the largest goldfish show in the country. The judged goldfish show, now in its fifth year, has grown to be an attraction in itself. Thanks to strong continuing vendor support, there will still be over 35 vendors from across the nation with koi, goldfish, pond supplies, aquatic plants, garden art and more. For 2017, the show is proud to be hosting ZNA America and will conduct a koi judging seminar accredited by ZNA Japan. As usual, there will be a seminar series with presentations on koi, goldfish and ponds being conducted all day Saturday beginning at 9:00am. Show Hours: Fri. March 10 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.; Sat. March 11 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sun., March 12 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sponsored by ZNA Southern Koi Association and the koi clubs of Orlando, Florida East Coast, Rainbow River and Gainesville. Free admission. (Seminar series on Saturday is $10 for the day. There is a hotel parking charge. Be sure to tell the pay window you were attending the show to get your discount.) More information will be found on the show website as it gets updated. Visit www.cfks.org .

cindy
    scrape and scope better than dump and hope
    Moderator ~ WWKC Vice President ~
    Koi Health Care Committee Member
    Mt. Wash. KY - 7 miles outside Louisville
    Looks like a nice spot for a show http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hot...6MCOUNDT7EN8i1
    My opinions in ER and on this forum are mine only. Use my advice at your own discretion.

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

K.O.I.

Member: EIHIOICGI

http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...nd-Information

http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...06#post2606106 Show thread

everkoi

MikeM
    has kept koi since 1978
    The Central Florida Koi & Goldfish Show has quite a line-up of vendors for the 2017 show being held March 10-12 at the DoubleTree Hotel in Orlando (across from Universal Studios). All the vendor spaces we had planned have been taken. We may be able to create a space or two without getting too crowded, but our quota for koi dealers has been met (with several on the wait list). So, it is 'dry vendors only' at this point. For more info on the show, go to www.cfks.org .

Peters & Son Koi
    Blackwater Creek Koi Farm
    Aquatic Nutrition
    Koi Smart Pond Supply
    Koi Acres
    Purdin Koi
    Anjon Watergardens
    Fish Corner
    Yoshikigoi USA/ Koi Market
    USA Koi
    Nijikawa Koi Food
    Bristol Koi Farm
    Ultra Balance Koi Food
    Genki Nishikigoi
    Hikari
    Beni Hanna Nishikigoi
    Aquatic Equipment & Design
    Kodama Koi Farm
    Champion Koi
    Ecological Laboratories/MicrobeLift
    Southwest Koi & Goldfish (Goldfish only)
    Razorback Koi
    Lady Ronin (Christin Hauenstein Art)
    Schroettinger's Samurai Scaled Koi
    Wonders of Water
    Florida's Finest Aquatics
    Painting Meets Pottery (Erin Drew )
    GC Tek
    Barstow Koi Farm
    ASR- Aquatic Systems & Resources
    Deepwater Koi Innovations
    Happy Koi of Greenville
    Embroidery By Denise

It's going to be a great show!

cindy
    scrape and scope better than dump and hope
    Moderator ~ WWKC Vice President ~
    Koi Health Care Committee Member
    Mt. Wash. KY - 7 miles outside Louisville
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    The Central Florida Koi & Goldfish Show has quite a line-up of vendors for the 2017 show being held March 10-12 at the DoubleTree Hotel in Orlando (across from Universal Studios). All the vendor spaces we had planned have been taken. We may be able to create a space or two without getting too crowded, but our quota for koi dealers has been met (with several on the wait list). So, it is 'dry vendors only' at this point. For more info on the show, go to www.cfks.org .

Peters & Son Koi
    Blackwater Creek Koi Farm
    Aquatic Nutrition
    Koi Smart Pond Supply
    Koi Acres
    Purdin Koi
    Anjon Watergardens
    Fish Corner
    Yoshikigoi USA/ Koi Market
    USA Koi
    Nijikawa Koi Food
    Bristol Koi Farm
    Ultra Balance Koi Food
    Genki Nishikigoi
    Hikari
    Beni Hanna Nishikigoi
    Aquatic Equipment & Design
    Kodama Koi Farm
    Champion Koi
    Ecological Laboratories/MicrobeLift
    Southwest Koi & Goldfish (Goldfish only)
    Razorback Koi
    Lady Ronin (Christin Hauenstein Art)
    Schroettinger's Samurai Scaled Koi
    Wonders of Water
    Florida's Finest Aquatics
    Painting Meets Pottery (Erin Drew )
    GC Tek
    Barstow Koi Farm
    ASR- Aquatic Systems & Resources
    Deepwater Koi Innovations
    Happy Koi of Greenville
    Embroidery By Denise

It's going to be a great show!
    Wow!
    My opinions in ER and on this forum are mine only. Use my advice at your own discretion.

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

K.O.I.

Member: EIHIOICGI

http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...nd-Information

http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...06#post2606106 Show thread

MikeM
    has kept koi since 1978
    The Central Florida Koi & Goldfish Show (March 10-12 , 2017 at the DoubleTree Hotel in Orlando)

Anyone who wants to stay at the DoubleTree needs to make their reservations quickly. There are only a few rooms left in the show block. We have been able to add rooms three times so far, but the hotel is getting close to being sold out for the weekend. We are not sure we can get more when the current allotment is used up. The closer we get to the February 23 deadline for getting the show rate, the less chance we have of getting more rooms. (Deadline was Feb. 16, but we got it extended.) The show rate is $129 per night for rooms that are normally $209 per night. Check www.cfks.org for links to the reservation website and other show information. If the room block is used up, let us know about it so we can try to expand it again. …Nice problem to have. More room nights taken this year than anyone call recall in past years.

koi kichi
    I talked to the hotel and was told there was also a 17.00 parking fee per day. Is this true?

MikeM
    has kept koi since 1978
    Yes and no. There is a parking charge, but it is discounted to $12 for those reserving under the group. No charge, of course, for those who do not park a car.

It has become common in the area for hotels to have add-ons for 'resort fees', 'business center services', 'spa services', parking and all sorts of other stuff. The show was able to get the parking reduced and no 'resort fee' or other such add-ons. ...I think the folks who do airline fees got hired by the hotels!

Russell Peters
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Yes and no. There is a parking charge, but it is discounted to $12 for those reserving under the group. No charge, of course, for those who do not park a car.

It has become common in the area for hotels to have add-ons for 'resort fees', 'business center services', 'spa services', parking and all sorts of other stuff. The show was able to get the parking reduced and no 'resort fee' or other such add-ons. ...I think the folks who do airline fees got hired by the hotels!

So, do we have to pay a fee when we bring our fish in? That would suck.

MikeM
    has kept koi since 1978
    I will be sending vendors directions for off-loading at the show tent. There is a separate parking area for vendor's trailers and trucks.

Show staffers will have parking passes. Day visitors will get a parking discount, although I expect many will park in the rear of adjacent parking lots of restaurants and tourist shops and walk the extra 40'. I can't encourage day visitors to park on someone else's property, but expect it will happen. I would warn against over-night parking in some restaurant parking lot.... security and towing risk, you know.

jimfish98
    is tired
    Mike- Which section of the hotel will the show be in?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Just because its not a Great Koi doesn't mean its not a Great Koi...Me circa 2013

MikeM
    has kept koi since 1978
    The show tent will be to left of '1'... a corner of the lot shows in the photo. Registration, raffles and the Goldfish show will be in '1'.

bbmc88
    ........bamf
    Senior Member ~ Koi Health Care Committee Member
    Looking forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeM
    has kept koi since 1978
    BTW, there are tanks available for those interested in entering koi in the show. The entry form is on the website at www.cfks.org , together with the show rules. It's just a little more than 2 weeks away.

MikeM
    has kept koi since 1978
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KOI & GOLDFISH SHOW, March 10-12, 2017
    DoubleTree Hotel, 5780 Major Blvd., Orlando, FL 32819
    (across from Universal Studios)

The big show is this coming weekend! Come on Friday for the best selection at the 35+ vendors, and the ZNA judging seminar. Come on Saturday to see the judging, and to take in the seminar series. The line-up of seminar speakers assures something of interest to everyone:

2017 Seminar Schedule
    March 11, 2017
    Central Florida Koi Show

9-9:45 Ernest Drissen – Owner, Yoshikigoi Koi Farm in Poland

10-10:45 Michelle Gravenish – AKJA Candidate Judge, Components of
    nishikigoi conformation

11-11:45 Steve Childers – Filtration and pond design

1-1:45 Mat McCann – Beni Hanna Nishikigoi, Tategoi Aquaponics

2-2:45 Jonathon Keener, DVM – Basic Husbandry and Diseases

3-3:45 Khun Plathong – Fish Corner, Goldfish, Goldfish, Goldfish!!!

It's going to be a koi and goldfish extravaganza!

SeaSideAquatics, LLC
    anyone close to this show ?

Russell is going to help me display some of the koi food at the show and I need to send them to FL, anyone willing to help ?

I can ship the food to you and just help bring them out to Russell, please.

Sea Side Aquatics, LLC
    540 S Jefferson Street Unit C
    Placentia, CA 92870
    www.SeaSideAquatics.com

Jojoartie
    If you dont get any bites, how about shipping it to the hotel that russ is staying at. Just put it in his name as a hotel guest. You can try contacting the hotel to see if thats ok. Ive sent things for myself to hotels in advance of my stay. Depends if you feel comfortable with that tho.

jimfish98
    is tired
    I am just north of Orlando and will be there early on Friday. I shot a PM and it just depends on how much you are sending. i don't feel like breaking my back for a large quantity,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast