• Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: Zakki Sieve Plug-N-Play Filtration Systems...

Zac Penn is offline Supporting Member
      is the owner of Deepwater Koi
      Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Zakki Sieve Plug-N-Play Filtration Systems...

I have been doing quite a few PNP's as of late, so i figured i would start a thread showing the different configurations, and options possible with the Zakki Sieve.

Please feel free to ask any questions, and I will do my best to answer them in a timely manner.

So let's start off with my latest PNP system that was just shipped out...
      24" Zakki Sieve w/ two 3" Inlets and one 3" outlet
      PerformancePro ArtesianPro 3/4 HP water pump
      95 W Deepwater UV Clarifier
      GCTek AquaBead 6.0 X2 Low Head bead filter
      It all fits nicely on a 4' x 9' concrete pad. 4' x 8' is possible with a smaller water pump.
      The black spray paint lines on the ground represent a 4' x 8' slab, and the white line is a 3' x 8' pad.

The last two pictures show the options for the X2 (second) return line that goes back to the pond.

All of my PNP Systems come with a very detailed instruction manual with all the valves labeled numerically so you can easily go through the cleaning process in chronological order. I also detail how the water is flowing when certain valves are turned so the customer has a good understanding as to what is going on. Each PNP can be customized to fit into almost any space. I can get very creative as to how the plumbing can be run.

Attached Images Attached Images        
      Zac Penn.... Not an expert on Pump Testing, no matter what people may think!
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

We had a rather large order from a fish retailer in Vermont, Koi Crazy, and they needed to pack 20 lbs of stuff into a 5 lbs bag so I really needed to get creative on this one. They were building a new addition onto their existing building and adding three small and one large sales tanks that would built as elevated tanks. The grade elevation was going to be too low for the Zakki Sieves (the water level would have been way over the top of the sieves) so I needed to build a stand for the sieves to sit on, but I couldn't give up the space under the sieve. So I got creative again and made stand that would fit the water pump under the sieve and look nice as well.

Three Small PNP Systems w/...
      16" Zakki Sieves
      PerformancePro Artesian2 1/3 HP water pumps
      GCTek AquaBead 4.25 bead filters
      Half-Sized Zakki Showers (not pictured but they are there )

These three systems needed to fit inside of a raceway that was 3' x 18' long, so I made sure everything fit tightly against a wall and all plumbing was confined to a 24" width so that with a little sucking in of the stomach you could walk passed each filter. Each system is connected to a small sales tank that has a no-niche skimmer and a perforated pipe acting as a retro-fit bottom drain.

There also was a larger sales tank that needed twice as much water flow, so I utilized a...
      24" Zakki Sieve
      Two PerformancePro Artesian2 1/2 HP water pumps
      GCTek AquaBead 6.0
      Full-Sized Zakki Shower (also not pictured)

You can see how detailed we get with our labeling on these systems. Every union/check valve/ball valve gets numbered so you can easily figure out where it goes. We also label them numerically in the order they should be connected. Some unions are more difficult to tighten down than others, so we take that into account. The hardest to tighten unions get attached first, and then the unions that are more forgiving get attached last so that if anything is not perfectly aligned the unions can be wiggled and tightened down.

This system had a larger area to work with ( 4' x 11') but we kept it tight to save space. This time the pumps didn't have to go under the sieve so I just used cinderblocks to elevate the filter.
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Another customer had a VERY large pond with a total of 5 bottom drains and 3 skimmers, and a volume of 20,000 gallons of water. He used to have a gravity fed vortex with pads, then a pump, then large Skippy type filters, that gravity fed back to the pond. He told me maintenance on this pond was over 8 hrs worth of work, so obviously he would put that off as long as possible.

He wanted to run pressurized return lines back to the pond so he could better circulate the pond water. We ended up going with three Plug-N-Play Systems that will only take 30 minutes at the most to perform weekly filter cleanings. Two systems are identical with three inlets, and the third only has two inlets...
      24" Zakki Sieve
      PerformancePro Artesian2 1/2 hp water pump
      95 watt Deepwater Low Head UV Clarifier
      GCTek AquaBead 6.0 Low Head X2 bead filter

Please excuse the mess in the background of these photos
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

cottagefog is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

All of those PnP's look great and reflects your expertise in filter construction. I am just curious what the final cost is to the consumer on each of the units?
      Thanks

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by cottagefog View Post
      All of those PnP's look great and reflects your expertise in filter construction. I am just curious what the final cost is to the consumer on each of the units?
      Thanks
      Thank you very much for the compliment. As you know a little difference can make a big cost difference, but for a starting price the 24" Zakki Sieve PNP systems shown above will be around $8,500 and then go up from there depending on options. The 16" Zakki Sieve PNP systems will start around $5,500. That includes Zakki Sieve, PerformancePro Pump/s, GCTek AquaBead LH filters, 95W UV clarifier, and all true union valves/check valves, fittings, pipe, assembly, labeling, disassembly and packaging, and a very detailed instruction manual outlining the flow patterns and maintenance procedures with easy to follow numerical sequences.
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

icu2 is online now Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is usually here but if not I'm
      probably off flying

Feeling:
      Piratey

The plumbing is a work of art!
      --Steve
      Find more about Weather in Poulsbo, WA

"It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company." --George Washington

mbrian1226 is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Very cool and nicely done on the filtration. That's definitely a maze of pipework but everything is very professional and clean looking. I've only had the opportunity to install one of the 16" zakki sieves on a pond upgrade for a client last year and am very impressed at the quality and performance of it. The customers pond is much much cleaner and clearer than before. I try to recommend your sieves as often as I can for clients pond upgrades. They're pretty much bulletproof and worth every penny in my opinion.
      Brian

Click for Springfield, Oregon Forecast

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Here is a PNP System I did for the Tri-State ZNA Koi Show last year...
      16" Zakki Sieve
      PerformancePro Artesian2 1/2 HP water pump
      95 W Deepwater UV
      GCTek Aquabead 4.25 LH bead filter

This system was designed to fit into a 6' x 6' shed. Everything can be easily accessed from the center of the building.
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Thanks for the kind words. I know the plumbing can look overwhelming, but it is quite simple once you read the instruction manual and understand what is going on.
      You have no idea how long it takes to plan out a good plumbing design so it doesn't look like a rats nest. I am working on a PNP system right now, that is EXTREMELY frustrating. I am trying to fit everything into such a small area and still make it look nice, and have the valves accessible. I have worked and reworked the dry-fit layout at least ten different ways and I think I have finally settled on the right layout. Once i get it finished up I will share with everyone. It is definitely the tightest space I have had to work in, with such a large filter system.
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

DennisH is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Hey, the system in the first post is mine! Unfortunately, I have had a number of setbacks in getting it up and running but I am finally getting close to having everything ready. I can attest that, while not the least expensive way to go, Zac's systems are a thing of beauty and meticulously constructed. One of the reasons for the delay in getting it going was once I saw how beautiful the system is, decided there was no way I was putting it out in the elements and decided to build it a proper home:

Name:  Shed1.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  168.9 KB

I hope to have everything operational within the next month, weather permitting, and will post my thoughts (and pictures) then.

icu2 is online now Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is usually here but if not I'm
      probably off flying

Feeling:
      Piratey

Wow.... nice!
      --Steve
      Find more about Weather in Poulsbo, WA

"It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company." --George Washington

tbullard is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Zac it seems that you do a ton of dry fitting when putting these systems together. What is your trick putting the pipe together fully seated? Usually when I try to do that it just won't go together the same as it does once glue is applied.