• Tired

Thread: Sicce Green Reset 60 - pressure filter for small ponds

koiroli is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Sicce Green Reset 60 - pressure filter for small ponds

Hello,

in this video i show a small pressure filter for ponds. As koi nerd, you can use this small filtration system on a quarantäne station or for filtration of a small indoor pond.

The video is in german, but i think you can see all the interesting things. If you have questions - please feel free to ask!

greetings
      Roland

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

And here is part 2 - the installation on my babypond!
      The message in the video is - control your pipe - the pipe must be fixed on the filter. And second, don´t put the pump on the ground - if you have problems your pond will be pumped empty. Third input - if you give a new filter on an running system, wait a few weeks bevore you take the existing filtersystem off!

greetings
      Roland

jimfish98 is offline Supporting Member
      is not losing sleep over the
      opinion of sheep

Feeling:
      ----

When I first built my pond I ran two of the Reset 60 models, and they are flawed. They were the last purchase ever made at the local pond store. The back washing never cleaned the sponges well enough. I could back wash and use the lever to clean them, and then repeat it 5 days later. After that cleaning, I would do it after 3 days. After the build up got to the point where daily back washing was needed, the system was opened. I hosed down the sponges and cleaned out the body of the filter weekly at that point and it would run smoothly for about a week at a time. The UV lights on them typically burn out before the year is up and the replacement costs are very high. The same applies to the sponges. I also noticed that over time export pipe would leak water when it was not in backwash mode. I had to seal those to keep from losing too much pond water.

Since then one unit was sold off cheap and the other sits in my shed to be pulled out only for my annual QT tank. It serves its purpose and does ok, but primarily due to the QT only having a small amount of small koi. If you are looking for a QT filter that you use on occasion, it might work out for you. If you are running a QT year round, its probably best to just build and set up a SG filter. This thing is over priced and under performing for its price. The fact that it does the job well enough on my QT is the only reason it hasn't been sold or trashed yet.

Diamond Lifetime Member #95!
      Just because its not a Great Koi doesn't mean its not a Great Koi...Me circa 2013

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Hello jimfish,

thanks for your comment. That the pipe of Backwash leaks is normal at this products. You can install an valve to close this pipe or use the original cover. Same problem have filters from oase, ...
      To clean a natural pond with this sort of filter, i also think that they are to small. The producer write on their website, you can use this type of filter for 5000gal. I prefer that this filter can clean the water only about less 1000gal. And you need some extra biological filter station.
      In my opinion i will install after the pressure filter a bakki shower!

greetings
      Roland

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007