• Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nijikawa by EWOS

Russell Peters is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

people vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

Last edited by Russell Peters; 09-26-2016 at 07:29 PM.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

mao83515 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I never see the product in market. How do we buy it? Amazon or local koi shop only?

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

people vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better
      Last edited by Russell Peters; 09-26-2016 at 07:30 PM.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

powerman is offline Supporting Member
      is Optimistic

Feeling:
      ----

cool
      DAN

ggmd is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I am interested. Is sounds like an "organic" option. Russ, are you planning on feeding your own fish this?

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Last edited by Russell Peters; 09-26-2016 at 07:31 PM.

graybird is offline Supporting Member ~ WWKC BOD
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Any idea how it will price out?
      Mary

koiman1950 is offline Supporting Member ~ Koi Health Care Committee Member
      is semi retired

Feeling:
      Tired

..."They have two primary diets and I have been trying out their growth food which is 45% protein."

Well, after all the threads about different foods and various protein levels being discussed on this forum, and your propensity to scoff at any food with a protein level over 34-35%, this comes as a total surprise!

Some of the concerns I have would be their "vague" marketing info like " premium fish meal and a blend of highly digestible alternative raw materials"and " NIJIKAWA line of Koi feeds are rich in protein from animal sources." What animal sources would those be. I know, another debate about foods, but as you've been a staunch proponent of lower protein, cheaply priced food for as long as I've known you, this is a complete turnaround for you!

I have discussed a bit a bout this food with someone else already trying it as well, but as a hobbyist only. I just can't understand why the sudden change in your opinion about what is healthy for our fish!?! Can you expound further without it sounding like a marketing hype? Like, what do you see in this food that is that much better than what you've been feeding? Why the sudden change with regards to protein levels for koi health?
      Mike

check out our website at: http://www.pond-life.net

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

is semi retired

Feeling:
      Tired

Russ

Thanks for the feedback. At this point, like with most other "new" products, I'll wait to see your results along with a hobbyist who is also trying the product. I'm still a bit curious though about their statement of ingredients, specifically with regard to the wording ..." " premium fish meal and a blend of highly digestible alternative raw materials"and " NIJIKAWA line of Koi feeds are rich in protein from animal sources."

I'm not trying to belabor a point, but that's basically as vague as what Kenzen says about their food, and for that matter, most all other koi food makers. The "alternative raw materials" could be most anything and being rich in protein from "animal sources" tells nothing about the source of products. So, I look forward to the results and what waste level findings you and the other hobbyist find over the next couple months, as I'm assuming this is only being used during higher temp months like August through October for us here on the left coast.
      Mike

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Last edited by Russell Peters; 09-26-2016 at 07:32 PM.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

is semi retired

Feeling:
      Tired

Thanks for supplying the "list of ingredients" of this new food. Hope it works well and you have success with the growth and condition of the fish over the next couple months that you can share with us all. Looking at the price/lb, it would be around $175 for 15 kilo bag which provides an equivalent cost breakdown as most of the better foods are sold in that size.

BTW, is there a sinking pellet available for this product?
      Mike

Hugomizz is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by koiman1950 View Post
      Thanks for supplying the "list of ingredients" of this new food. Hope it works well and you have success with the growth and condition of the fish over the next couple months that you can share with us all. Looking at the price/lb, it would be around $175 for 15 kilo bag which provides an equivalent cost breakdown as most of the better foods are sold in that size.

BTW, is there a sinking pellet available for this product?
      Ken from Barstow actually gave me a bag of this food as well, I quite like it, the fish seem to like it, I did ask him if he would do a sinking pellet and he said he is working on it, I would prefer a sinking pellet myself

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Billy is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Russ, Can you bring a bag to the Portland show for me?

Other Sites Sale prices are our everyday prices.
      Vice President Oregon Koi and Watergarden Society

rayjay is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
      The lower protein, lower priced food I recommend is for about 95% of people that have Koi because they don't need anything else. It is a 38% protein food which is actually ideal. I use it for my fish because it keeps them growing and healthy and I am a dealer.
      Russ, can you name this lower price food you recommend, if not in this thread, please PM me.

Thanks
      ....."Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.".....Mark Twain

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Last edited by Russell Peters; 09-26-2016 at 07:33 PM.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Last edited by Russell Peters; 09-26-2016 at 07:33 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast