Views: 198
Size:  76.2 KBName:  DSCN0749.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  54.4 KBName:  DSCN0750.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  71.9 KBName:  DSCN0751.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  90.6 KB

These pictures are a fish that was on his way out so I put him down and took these photos

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

schreiberkoi is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

These two are still alive at the moment....The white one did not look this bad and red until I caught him...I'm afraid I may have hurt him and made it worse

Name:  DSCN0752.jpg
Size:  41.7 KBName:  DSCN0753.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  51.6 KBName:  DSCN0754.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  68.4 KBName:  DSCN0755.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  61.0 KBName:  DSCN0755.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  61.0 KBName:  DSCN0756.jpg
Size:  74.8 KBName:  DSCN0757.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  67.3 KBName:  DSCN0758.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  63.6 KBName:  DSCN0759.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  64.5 KBName:  DSCN0760.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  68.2 KBName:  DSCN0761.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  48.1 KBName:  DSCN0762.jpg
Size:  60.4 KB

I have noticed more getting whatever this is today appears to start out as white spots and spreads .....the orange one last pictures appears to be worse today than from pictures yesterday like it is spreading

Russell Peters is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

These are not burns and it has nothing to do with pH or your other water quality parameters. This is a major bacterial infection and your orange and black Koi has bacterial gill disease.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

My ochiba did not have these white spots on her head yesterday. I fed them by hand yesterday around this same time....today she does. PLEASE help

I have lost 7 total now within the last week and a half to two weeks. It has been a week today since I started the round of proform c

Name:  DSCN0767.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  79.3 KBName:  DSCN0768.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  91.2 KBName:  DSCN0769.jpg
Size:  90.5 KBName:  DSCN0771.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  95.9 KB

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
      These are not burns and it has nothing to do with pH or your other water quality parameters. This is a major bacterial infection and your orange and black Koi has bacterial gill disease.
      What can I do to treat before I lose all of them?

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

BGDX, or the equivalent, Oxolium or Oxolinic acid as well as topical treatments like Tricide Neo.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

KoiValley is offline WWKC Lifetime Diamond Member #3
      is terrific!

Feeling:
      ----

Due to the urgency of the situation I have contacted and have been talking with the owner. We hope to have a successful meeting with her veterinarian today. We have begun to organize a treatment regimen to deal with pond treatment, topical treatments and antibiotic injections.

Karl
      Karl Schoeler, founder: EIHIOICGI

Certified: AKCA Better Health Practices December 2008

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Amikacin.

KoiValley is offline WWKC Lifetime Diamond Member #3
      is terrific!

Feeling:
      ----

Nothing to add as of today. Several things have been put in place. Her veterinarian and I had a great discussion as to antibiotic treatments so that is a very positive thing. More to follow but it will take some time to get this all done. Please have patience. Sometimes slow going is the only way.
      Karl Schoeler, founder: EIHIOICGI

Certified: AKCA Better Health Practices December 2008

nmtsaki is offline Moderator ~ WWKC Secretary
      is hanging in there, waiting for
      warmer weather

Feeling:
      Awesome

Thanks for updating us.

Favorite Quotes:
      The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too. -- Samuel Butler.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. -- Edith Wharton.

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. -- Gilda Radner

Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement. -- Snoopy

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

First I want to appreciate Karl and the rest of the Health Care Committee for addressing and helping me with my problem. Karl has been great and very patient with all my questions and concerns. This has been a very stressful time for me. I never dreamed I would be draining my pond and catching my fish after only one full season of having it up and running... this year would be the second. I pulled all the fish and gave everyone a salt bath that was not going to be getting an injection of batril and put them back into the pond after filling it back up. Then put fish under and treated with tricide neo and gave shots of the Batril and revived and then they all got salt baths. I then put them into a holding tank since they would be getting follow up shots today. First shot was Tuesday. Well unfortunately I left one in the salt bath too long and he did not make it back.....I also lost three more since that I had given shots ....two of my smallest ones yesterday and today the white and black one that I had posted pictures of. The rest look so bad I am wondering if the cure is worse than the disease. I could not bare to leave my two bigger butterfly's in the tank they looked so bad yesterday after everything so I caught them and released them back into the pond with the rest. Today after I got home this afternoon I was down to four to give follow up shots. They look even worse....it seemed so cruel to put them through anymore. I could hardly bare it almost made me cry to do it but I did. I have released them back into the pond ......I honestly don't have a lot of hope for some of them and the others I am just hoping will hang on until the prazi gets here and hope and pray that will take care of it. I have been so stressed for the last couple of days and now after giving the last shots and seeing how bad not just those four look but all of them after putting them through this and just depressed me ........keeping my fingers crossed and saying a little prayer......I will let you know

richtoybox is offline Administrator
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Awesome

Keep the faith. You have come a long way and there unfortunately is a path that is much longer. Keep plugging away and you may surprise yourself.
      Zone 7 A/B
      Keep your words sweet. You never know when you may have to eat them.
      Richard

warmer weather

Feeling:
      Awesome

I'll be praying for them. It's definitely not for the faint of heart, glad you have the guts to do it. It may or may not work, but you are doing all that you can.

Nancy

Favorite Quotes:
      The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too. -- Samuel Butler.

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. -- Gilda Radner

Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement. -- Snoopy

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by RichToyBox View Post
      Keep the faith. You have come a long way and there unfortunately is a path that is much longer. Keep plugging away and you may surprise yourself.
      Thanks I am going to I appreciate the support

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by nmtsaki View Post
      I'll be praying for them. It's definitely not for the faint of heart, glad you have the guts to do it. It may or may not work, but you are doing all that you can.

Nancy
      I appreciate it .... the good news is I got the prazi in the mail today. The bad news is it looks like I will probably lose another one that I had treated. It is fighting but I do not hold a lot of hope for it.....but anythings possible......time will tell

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Thought I would give everyone an update on my fish. I lost 3 more. Two last weekend and one of the smaller ones that I had treated got sucked into the bottom drain and did not make it..... I gave 10 shots and have lost five of those 10....one to the bottom drain. It has been almost a week since I lost my last one so I am hopeful the rest will make it through. They are eating better and are more active. I gave the second prazi treatment yesterday. Two to go. One of the butterfly koi has lost a lot of it's back fin. It was really long and pretty (looks more like a standard koi now) Will his tail grow back? I am so thankful for this forum and grateful for all the help through this.

GloriaL is offline Supporting Member
      is YADA YADA YADA YADA WWKC Life
      time Diamond Member

Feeling:
      ----

Soooo sorry you are going through this! I went through a similar problem while I had my fish in QT between pond builds. I was waaayy overstocked even with 3x/hr turnover. Mine ended up being costia with bacterial infections then SAP. I finally did a serious PP treatment( not that I would recommend that unless you are very confident of your pond volume, have massive aeration and the ability to sit by the pond throughout the treatment with the ability to reverse the entire treatment if the fish show evidence of distress). Then there will be some fish just not strong enough to handle the treatment. It is a very stressful and distressing experience to have to go through. I am glad Karl is shepherding you through this with the help of your Vet. Good luck and get some rest!
      GloriaL
      YADA YADA YADA YADA WWKC Life time Diamond Member # 10

warmer weather

Feeling:
      Awesome

I am sorry for your losses, I hope the rest are on their way to a full recovery. Thanks for the update. I have had fish injure themselves and heal completely. Some fins will grow back, depends on severity and the fish. It may take months and the coloration may not be the same.

Favorite Quotes:

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12