• Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: Have anyone else had bad purchasing experience with MarvinGardensStore.com ?

domo5419 is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Have anyone else had bad purchasing experience with MarvinGardensStore.com ?

First of all, I would like to thank you for all the contributors to this forum. I learned much from you through the years.

As I'm planning and purchasing supplies to build my new pond (just moved to a new house last June), I ran into this dealer on MarvinGardensStore.com and thought I would get a good deal on the liner. Turned out to be the worse experience I have had with any retailer period. The site claimed to have free shipping over $75 purchase with no disclaim of exceptions. I made two liners (15x15 and 20x30 pieces) purchase and paid roughly $500 which is a great deal compares to Ebay. 2 weeks gone by with no update. I email customer service and a guy name Jim Grieve claimed that he contacted me multiple times about making shipping charges payment. I swear I check my email about every 5 minutes through out the work day and same with my phone. There has not been any contact from the business period. So I email back, asking for details. No reply. I called the business and got direct extension to his desk, left voice message, no reply. This repeats couple of times. As frustration grew I asked for a refund and he emailed back gave out his cell phone number (cc: customer service email) as to claim he did contact me. Yet same thing happened, no answer with voice message and still no answer. I'm beyond frustrated at this point and ask for refund.
      The guy email me back and accused me of theft by attempt to avoid paying shipping charge.. what the??? The transaction was made and paid for. There isn't an option of choosing "free shipping" vs choosing to pay for shipping.
      Just wondering with all the folks on here who frequently buy pond items, that you ever ran into this retail business and/or have similar experience.

Mike

--------------------------------
      Below are records of the communication excluding the phone calls I made with messages that never once got a return call.
      --------------------------------
      To
      Jim Grieve MarvinGardensStore. Com - Customer Service
      Jim,
      I hope you are not the owner of the business as I will take this case up with my Visa card to get my refund and also will do my utmost diligent to made ownership aware of your deceptive practice and lack of integrity. This is my first time ordering from Marvin Garden store as a recommendation from another customer. How do I attempt theft if the transaction is made and paid for through your website? Isn't it a contractual obligation on your side to fulfill the orders as it has been paid and invoiced. I have also documented with phone records and emails records of my communications. Let me be clear to all those who may receive this email that I have NOT receive any communication of any form from you about shipping charges until February 27 "after" which I have asked you about the status of the order. I have call the 18887586191 multiple times to try to contact you about shipping charges and sent messages on your phone including message that I was willing to pay for shipping charge however you never reply (not once!). I have also contacted your cell phone as you instructed on the emails below but you never answer your phone. Left messages that you never answered. I only have one credit card, check my records, check my address, when did I ever buy from your business before? This is the first time and the worse of any kind of retail I have ever experienced before including ordering products from overseas. Your deceptive practice and and personal theft accusation is an attack of my integrity and it will not be forgotten.
      Please, please DO NOT reply to this email as I will only be expecting a refund for the purchased items.

Mike
      --------------------------------------------------
      To: Mike
      Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 10:30 PM
      Subject: Re: Please refund ASAP!: Urgent -Re: MarvinGardensStore.com: New Order # 100004984

Mike you have never replied to our emails regarding the shipping charges due that you attempted to avoid at check out. You have never responded , yet have made several threats and false accusations. I have provided my phone number several times which you have ignored and never contacted me. All is documented and in fact you may need a lawyer to defend you for your actions and your theft of services per your transaction. Your attempt to avoid paying the freight charges by clicking free freight when freight was due is theft. If I recall you were caught before.
      I do expect a call Thursday form you as you.
      Jim

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 11:01 PM, Mike Nguyen wrote:

Please refund my order. It has been over a month. Multiple calls and message through emails and phone, no reply. I don't even know what Jim or whatever his name suppose to sound like.
      I am more than frustrated and have had enough. Please expedite my refund. Should it not be fulfilled my next communication to your business will be from my lawyer.
      Thank you

Mike
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      To: Customer Service CustomerService@MarvinGardensStore.com
      Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 10:15 AM
      Subject: Please refund!: Urgent -Re: MarvinGardensStore.com: New Order # 100004984

You know what, please refund me for my order. I will take my business else where.
      Thank you

Mike

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Jim Grieve marvingardensstore@yahoo.com
      Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 10:04 AM
      Subject: Re: ???: Urgent -Re: MarvinGardensStore.com: New Order # 100004984

Your number cannot be reached. I will try again in a few hours.

Mike

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 10:00 AM

One of the other customer is An Lam.
      I will be calling shortly.

Mike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 9:31 AM

Hi Mike,
      We have emailed you regarding the shipping charges due. Liners DO NOT ship free. Please porovide the two names of the customers you claim you have heard of problems? The only way for you to now contact me is via the phone. My cell number is 609-868-3763 I will be expecting your call.
      Thank you,
      Jim

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 4:35 PM, Mike wrote:

What kind of business are you guys running here???
      How many time do I have to call, leave message, and email???

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 12:50 PM
      Subject: Urgent -Re: MarvinGardensStore.com: New Order # 100004984

Jim,
      Is there a status on this order? We need it to finalize construction.
      Thanks

Mike

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, February 27, 2015 3:59 PM
      Subject: Re: MarvinGardensStore.com: New Order # 100004984

Jim,
      This must be a mistake. This is the "first" email I've received from you. I check my email every 5 minutes of the day as it's part of my other business accounts.
      Also, the order is free shipping. Why would there be shipping charge?
      I have heard of 2 other customers with the same issue. What's causing the delay?
      Thanks

Mike

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, February 27, 2015 10:05 AM
      Subject: Re: MarvinGardensStore.com: New Order # 100004984

Hi,
      I have emailed you twice asking you to arrange payment for the shipping. I can not find a response form you .Please advise.
      Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Friday, February 27, 2015 10:05 AM, Mike Nguyen wrote:

Hello,
      This order has been pending for over 2 weeks!
      Please provide an update as it's delaying our construction order as well.
      Thank you

A concerned customer

From: MarvinGardensStore. com - Customer Service CustomerService@MarvinGardensStore.com
      Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:06 PM
      Subject: MarvinGardensStore.com: New Order # 100004984

MarvinGardensStore.com
      Hello, -

Thank you for your order from MarvinGardensStore.com. Once your package ships we will send an email with a link to track your order. You can check the status of your order by logging into your account. If you have any questions about your order please contact us at CustomerService@MarvinGardensStore.com or call us at 888-758-6191 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm EST.
      Your order confirmation is below. Thank you again for your business.
      Your Order #100004984 (placed on February 10, 2015 3:06:10 PM EST)
      Billing Information: Payment Method:

United States
      T: 81727xxxxx
      Credit or Debit Card
      Credit Card Type:
      Visa
      Credit Card Number:
      xxxx-9965
      Payer Email:

Shipping Information: Shipping Method:

United States
      T: 817xxxxxxx Free Shipping - Free

Item Sku Qty Subtotal
      Boxed Liner 15'x15' epdm 15x15 1 $143.88
      Custom Mini Roll 20'x30' SPLIMI20X30 1 $379.88
      Subtotal $523.76
      Shipping & Handling $0.00
      Discount (Mgs cc5) -$26.19
      Grand Total $497.57
      Thank you, MarvinGardensStore.com

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

inazuma28 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

IDK if they changed the site.... but this is what i found on the website......Receive FREE SHIPPING**

**No code is necessary. Shipping charges will be deducted from total order when qualified purchased item(s) are placed into shopping cart. Previous orders, and Pond Liner, are excluded from this offer. Items listed as excluded will incur additional shipping costs. Free shipping offer is not valid in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.

fairlady is offline Senior Member
      is Happily Retired

Feeling:
      Happy

Was this problem ever resolved???
      Susie

nmtsaki is offline Moderator ~ WWKC Secretary
      is hanging in there, waiting for
      warmer weather

Feeling:
      Awesome

I'm curious also. I have never heard of a company giving out salesperson's phone numbers to deal with non-paying customers. Sounds like a scam to me. Hope your Visa refunded your money.

Favorite Quotes:
      The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too. -- Samuel Butler.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. -- Edith Wharton.

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. -- Gilda Radner

Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement. -- Snoopy

koiman1950 is offline Supporting Member
      is semi retired

Feeling:
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by inazuma28 View Post
      IDK if they changed the site.... but this is what i found on the website......Receive FREE SHIPPING**

**No code is necessary. Shipping charges will be deducted from total order when qualified purchased item(s) are placed into shopping cart. Previous orders, and Pond Liner, are excluded from this offer. Items listed as excluded will incur additional shipping costs. Free shipping offer is not valid in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.
      Yep. Quite typical of all web sites as liner is extremely heavy and the shipping cost would be high. A price of $249.95 for a 20'x20'/400sq ft liner is roughly $.625 per sq ft. That is a really good price, but you shouldn't expect to get free shipping, especially if the site excludes it from the offer. You need to read the fine print folks!
      Mike

check out our website at: http://www.pond-life.net

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

domo5419 is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Transaction was refunded about 2 months later. I will post pictures of the pond build later, it was completed around mid Sept 2015.
      Thanks

vintagedollz is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

YES!!!!! i Have had horrendous issues with Marvin Gardens!!!!! Not only did he sell me bootleg product that almost killed my fish (one is still seriously sick, I honestly dont know if he'll make it) But he has been calling our house and harassing us. He keeps emailing my daughter and harassing her. He gave us the number to call the mfg of the item (Pimafix, we have used it dozens of times before and never had issue) Mars. inc, says the bottles go out sealed. The bottles we received were NOT sealed. He keeps calling to tell us he's going to charge us with theft (because Amazon refunded our money) and "slander" yes, he's too stupid to even look up what charges mean before threatening us with them. He's still calling our home. This was through Amazon, sellers sign contracts with Amazon, they refunded our money. He should be going after them, (not really) But certainly not us. I will update this after speaking to our lawyer. This is ridiculous.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by nmtsaki View Post
      I'm curious also. I have never heard of a company giving out salesperson's phone numbers to deal with non-paying customers. Sounds like a scam to me. Hope your Visa refunded your money.
      He is the owner, not a salesman. He is a scam artist, well, not an artist, hes a scammer, but not very good at it.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by koiman1950 View Post
      Yep. Quite typical of all web sites as liner is extremely heavy and the shipping cost would be high. A price of $249.95 for a 20'x20'/400sq ft liner is roughly $.625 per sq ft. That is a really good price, but you shouldn't expect to get free shipping, especially if the site excludes it from the offer. You need to read the fine print folks!
      I received free shipping on liners from Amazon. If it said free shipping, its free shipping. Most likely he changed the print on his site, solely because of this issue. But if it said free shipping, with no exclusions on the site when this guy made his purchase, then the seller has to honour it. End of story.

Jimthreatensyou is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Yup, this guy is unbelievable!
      Had similar terrible experience with
      Jim grieves of marvin gardens.
      I don't know how he can be so arrogant
      And threatening, did same crap
      Calls from cell phones, he seems to
      Like making everything personal instead of simply
      Trying to help you, never had such a bad twilight zone