Thread: Diseases and treatments of Goldfish

cindy
    scrape and scope better than dump and hope
    Moderator ~ WWKC Vice President ~
    Koi Health Care Committee Member
    Mt. Wash. KY - 7 miles outside Louisville

Diseases and treatments of Goldfish

My opinions in ER and on this forum are mine only. Use my advice at your own discretion.

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

K.O.I.

Member: EIHIOICGI

http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...nd-Information

http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...06#post2606106 Show thread

LillyPutz
    is NOT ready for winter!
    I just adopted a goldfish and it has a reddish cap on its head like you`d find on an oranda but not puffy at all- maybe just slightly raised- the rest of the fish is all orange except for some white on the tail fin and pec fins- looks much like a comet- long tail and fins- could a comet and oranda have mated? could it be some sort of sore (doesn`t appear to be irritated or infected) never seen it before and it was too dark for pics when i brought it home tonight- its about 6-7 inches and I know nothing else about it- owner of the pond is moving and said I could have whatever I catch in the pond- will keep it quarrentined till I know it`s fine- will take pics too before too long- thanks for any help you can give me!

shakaho
    has not specified a status.
    Any variety of goldfish can mate with any variety. If one of the parents is a common or a comet, the offspring will almost always look like commons or comets.

Goldfish may have a somewhat darker head then body whether or not they have a wen.