• Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sakai Shining Rose Koi Question

inazuma28 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I was aware that kohaku were used to produce sanke but not vise versa. I guess i just assumed it would produce shimi prone kohaku...... and this is what i get for assuming . Either way, great post. It is really fun to see the authentic breeder documents in a form that i can actually understand. I wonder if I could purchase them from previous years....

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

APOLONASGR36 is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by inazuma28 View Post
      I was aware that kohaku were used to produce sanke but not vise versa. I guess i just assumed it would produce shimi prone kohaku...... and this is what i get for assuming . Either way, great post. It is really fun to see the authentic breeder documents in a form that i can actually understand. I wonder if I could purchase them from previous years....

Where do you see that on the chart ? I am not saying they do not do it because i know they do that . But as far as I can see in the chart all the sanke parents came from kohaku females, but i can't find a single kohaku parent that came from a sanke parent. The sanke female parents might give kohaku offspring but they do not seem to use them as kohaku parents. I am of course talking female parents only.
      Last edited by APOLONASGR36; 04-08-2014 at 06:07 AM.
      John

Proud Lifetime Member

Founding Member

MAKC Member

APOLONASGR36 is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by inazuma28 View Post
      NO you shouldn't have posted this..... LOL ....this will definitely distract me from work i am supposed to be doing lol. I am a nerd to! cant believe the 2013 GC Kohaku had a sanke mother...... if i am reading the charts correctly...
      I do not think so . What I see is that M Legent as well as Sister Legent and M1 came from M kohaku which along with another 10 sisters of hers came from Rose Queen which her and her other 4 sisters came from Rose and her and her 2 other sisters came from Sakura all kohaku female parents.
      John

Proud Lifetime Member

Founding Member

MAKC Member

inazuma28 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by APOLONASGR36 View Post
      I do not think so . What I see is that M Legent as well as Sister Legent and M1 came from M kohaku which along with another 10 sisters of hers came from Rose Queen which her and her other 4 sisters came from Rose and her and her 2 other sisters came from Sakura all kohaku female parents.
      You're right. I read it wrong. I saw the male parent koi of the GC and under that it said "offspring of Miss Japan". I then went to the "family tree' and looked for Miss Japan. Miss Japan 2 and Miss Japan 3 are Sanke and I guess i didn't read the numbers following the names. Miss Japan (the first) is a tancho kohaku.

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12