• Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: PondPro2000

Carolkoi is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Thumbs down PondPro2000

I used this product on my pond after repairing a multitude of leaks, and they claim a 5-year warranty and one-coat covers. Well, this was done in March 2013. By August, 2013 I noticed the bottom lifting off. Then, pieces began to show up in the filter pump basket and shortly after that, my pump stopped. Yes, the pump had at least 2 tbsp of the liner pieces clogging the impeller. I've contacted the company, sent them a sample of the liner that I pulled out of the pump basket, and (as expected) did not get a favorable response. I got a phone call from Greg. He told me they had their science department examine the sample. 1) it was too thin, so he says it wasn't applied correctly. [It was applied exactly as they specified and all the product was used up in the process.] 2) he said the primer probably was "too dry" when it was applied [which is funny when he told me to apply the EPDM TWO DAYS AFTER THE PRIMER, and said nothing about temperature... I told him where this job was, SW Florida, and it's hot down here in March.] And in short, they take none of the blame for the failure of the product to adhere to the sides or bottom of my pond. I will have to re-do the pond. But I can guarantee I will not spend another $1200 with THAT company. Anyone else have success using PondPro2000 to line their ponds???

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

koi-repair is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

We had this situation on our first PondPro2000 installation and one of my guys "non English" did not read the directions. As long as you follow the instructions you are fine and will be very very happy with the results. The instructions are really specific the primer needs to be tacky when you put the PondPro2000 on it. We have put this system over about 70 ponds now and hands down the best product on the market. For those of you guys with concrete ponds the pondpro2000 Concrete is a one coat application. Also to note is if your concrete ponds are above ground the PondPro2000 is fine but we have had some clients that had water fractures on the bottom and others that seemed to be fine only to find out that water from the earth side was actually leaching through into our clients pond. There are acrylics and some urethanes that we have tried but they need primers and two costs of the the top coat product. Their site is really detailed http://www.pondpro2000.com/applicati...tructions.html

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007