• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Official Koiphen kid/teen thread!

icu2 is online now Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is usually here but if not I'm
      probably off flying

Feeling:
      Piratey

Welcome to Koiphen Harrison!

A year or so and those ponds your earlier employer built, will probably be ready for a "rebuild"!
      This hobby needs builders willing to do it correctly.
      --Steve
      Find more about Weather in Poulsbo, WA

"It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company." --George Washington

cindy is offline Moderator ~ WWKC Vice President ~
      Koi Health Care Committee Member
      is Hopeful

Feeling:
      Friendly

Mt. Wash. KY - 7 miles outside Louisville
      Welcome, glad to see younger members interested in our hobby. If you need any help, we're here.
      My opinions in ER and on this forum are mine only. Use my advice at your own discretion.

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

K.O.I.

Member: EIHIOICGI

http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...nd-Information

http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...06#post2606106 Show thread

fishin4cars is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Glad to see you finally making a post Harrison. I want to really Thank Harrison for his and his Dads help in building the new filtration building and all the hard work and back labor they provided not only on the new filtration system but the help that Harrison did with getting the baby Koi out of the mud pond as well. It's been a long hard adventure, lots of man hours in extremely hot conditions, But I'm very happy and to finally be seeing some light at the end of the tunnel!
      Attached Images Attached Images    

koinic is offline Koiphen Kid
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

hey Guys (: im 16 years old so i think im a koiphen teen :D i live in germany and last year i builded my first koi pond (. they are about 15.000 l water in it and since the begin off august (im sorry for my bad english ) there are two small kois that i got from our local "koidealer" in it 1 about 25 cm big asagi (im going to post some pics later) and 1 about 20 cm big kumonrya (:
      i think in the next time i will buy 2 more koi but i dont know what colour variation/: maybe one of these :http://www.koi-fritz.de/epages/61642...roducts/00.017
      or one of these platinas http://www.koi-fritz.de/epages/61642...roducts/00.039
      or a shiro utsuri http://www.koi-fritz.de/epages/61642...roducts/00.042
      or a shusui http://www.koi-fritz.de/epages/61642...roducts/00.040
      what do you think?
      im just at the start of this hobby so what do you think have those koi a good quality?
      http://www.koi-fritz.de/epages/61642...roducts/00.041 one of those is my asagi
      and here you can see my kumonrya its the one in the middle with the white head (:
      what do you think of my kois ? i post some better pics tomorrow or at the evening(:

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

what i forgot my name is Niclas(:

probably off flying

Feeling:
      Piratey

Welcome Niclas!

Shiro Utsuri's are one of my favorites. I don't have any good answers for you, but there are many here that will!
      Enjoy!
      --Steve

harrisonjones is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Thanks everyone for the greetings, aswell as working on Larkin's pond over the summer here is also another project that I worked on over the summer.

Name:  IMG_0205.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  197.9 KB

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

very nice pond(:

fishin4cars is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Harrison, That really looks good, this is the first time I've seen a pic that wasn't on a phone screen. You'll have to start posting some pics of the one your starting on now! Looks great BTW!

CarpCharacin is offline Koiphen Kid
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Meh

Hi i am 10. I am OBSESSED with fish. I am not an animal rights freak but i am i the favor of goldfish rights. I am not trying to advertise or promote my petition but i just want to share it so don't ban me. Here is a link to the news story and there is a link to the petition at the bottom of that. http://www.kutv.com/news/features/to...l#.VCkoEfldVKZ I am a domestic carp fan. I mean i like goldfish and koi mostly. I am building a 1,500 gallon pond. We are also building a greenhouse. Mymom and dad are helping me with it. My mom likes the idea of the greenhouse to put her plants. I check craigslist every day for tanks. Tomorrow we are probably going to pick up what will be my largest aquarium. I found a 120 gallon for a great deal. The only major setbacks i have had was when my dog ate $20 worth of fish food and my 55 gallon has a gap underneath it. We are moving the 55 into another room and putting styrofoam underneath it

cindy is offline Moderator ~ WWKC Vice President ~
      Koi Health Care Committee Member
      is Hopeful

Feeling:
      Friendly

Mt. Wash. KY - 7 miles outside Louisville
      Welcome, glad to see younger members interested in our hobby. If you need any help, we're here
      My opinions in ER and on this forum are mine only. Use my advice at your own discretion.

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

K.O.I.

Member: EIHIOICGI

http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...nd-Information

http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...06#post2606106 Show thread

KOIAndrew is offline Koiphen Kid
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Hi, im 15... wanted koi ever since i started playing a game called animal crossing wild world and caught a koi (in game) and wanted one in real life... after a few years of convincing i got my own pond!... most of my original fish are dead due to many fish tragedies... namley... owl, ammonia, pecan sap poisoning, turtle triggering ammonia spike.. BUT, i do have one comet left from my original.. She was just a fingerling at the time... will be 6 years old this coming up spring

probably off flying

Feeling:
      Piratey

Quote Originally Posted by KOIAndrew View Post
      Hi, im 15... wanted koi ever since i started playing a game called animal crossing wild world and caught a koi (in game) and wanted one in real life... after a few years of convincing i got my own pond!... most of my original fish are dead due to many fish tragedies... namley... owl, ammonia, pecan sap poisoning, turtle triggering ammonia spike.. BUT, i do have one comet left from my original.. She was just a fingerling at the time... will be 6 years old this coming up spring
      Welcome to Koiphen Andrew!
      Glad to have you with us! There's a ton of info here for the taking... enjoy!
      --Steve

JLH is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

well i was called a kid yesterday in a store so i will post here. i was 25 when i started digging the hole for my formal pond. now i am 27 so still rather young

Tien155 is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Hope you guys don't mind me bringing back a old thread but it's a intro so don't be too mad!

Hey everyone i'm 20 so I guess i'm considered a kid here My dad pretty much funds everything but you could say I make most of the decisions on fish

My passion for koi started when I was about 13 years old and me and my dad dug our first koi pond. It was roughly 7000 gallons and took many weekends of digging to get it done. Around that time the Charlotte/NC Koi scene was buzzing and there was a annual koi show every year and that was when we first started stocking the pond. After going to that first show and seeing the competition fish was when I started to realize how much I appreciated a nice koi. Since then me and my dad have been through it all, seeing cranes fly off with fish, leaking liners and the low point being a outbreak of KHV.

Since then the koi show hasn't been up for a few years after being put on hold since the recession but we've met a lot of good local people and have upgraded the pond to 10,000 gallons.

Hope it wasn't too long of a intro but it brought back good memories. Hoping to learn a lot and get to know everyone better

probably off flying

Feeling:
      Piratey

Quote Originally Posted by Tien155 View Post
      Hope you guys don't mind me bringing back a old thread but it's a intro so don't be too mad!

Hey everyone i'm 20 so I guess i'm considered a kid here My dad pretty much funds everything but you could say I make most of the decisions on fish

My passion for koi started when I was about 13 years old and me and my dad dug our first koi pond. It was roughly 7000 gallons and took many weekends of digging to get it done. Around that time the Charlotte/NC Koi scene was buzzing and there was a annual koi show every year and that was when we first started stocking the pond. After going to that first show and seeing the competition fish was when I started to realize how much I appreciated a nice koi. Since then me and my dad have been through it all, seeing cranes fly off with fish, leaking liners and the low point being a outbreak of KHV.

Since then the koi show hasn't been up for a few years after being put on hold since the recession but we've met a lot of good local people and have upgraded the pond to 10,000 gallons.

Hope it wasn't too long of a intro but it brought back good memories. Hoping to learn a lot and get to know everyone better
      Welcome and thanks for joining Koiphen!
      Your intro was perfect but know we always need pictures!

Enjoy!
      --Steve

Matt1 is offline Koiphen Kid
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I guess I should probably introduce myself here... My name is Matt and I'm 13, and just recently got into koi and thought I would jump in head first. I've had a large saltwater reef tank for about 2 years now and I notice koi at our local pet store and decided to research them a bit and found that we could have one in our then bare pond with one goldfish. So I looked on our local Kijiji and found that a guy had a koi in a fish tank that needed a new home. Got there, and it turned out to be about 1 foot long and priced at $30! Bought him (or her) and he is still doing well!

I guess that was a good intro? No? Maybe?
      Matt

probably off flying

Feeling:
      Piratey

That was a great intro! Thanks for joining Matt!
      There's a ton of info here... sometimes it can be overwhelming. But take your time and let
      it sink in. It's a terrific hobby!

Enjoy!
      --Steve

poisonxvenom is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Wow. Did not realize there were other young people on this forum... lol I'm 22 years old and started the hobby 6 years ago. I joined the forum when I started the hobby but haven't really been active on it. I just graduated college from NYU and will be moving back home where my pond is! Will be posting a lot more photos/videos in the near future.

-Danny

KiwiKoi is offline Koiphen Kid
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Hi, my name is Raven (male ) and I'm 16 years old.
      I've only posted a couple of times, but I've been lurking for a long time and I appreciate this site and all the great threads and information! I decided I should properly introduce myself.
      I've had a love for fish since I was about five when I saw my first large native long fin eel (Anguilla deiffinbachi) which would've been about six feet long. Since then I've kept a variety of fish over the years (Natives, African cichlids, Oscars and tropicals), but I always come back to goldfish. There's something about they're variety and dopiness that always brings me back. After breeding Orandas and common goldfish in 2013 I started to do more research on the carp family and I fully discovered Koi. I fell in love instantly and I haven't lost any of that love since. The only problem is... Koi are illegal in New Zealand, the law states that if you are caught being in possession of Koi you will be fined up to 100,000 dollars! And if you're caught breeding and/or selling them you can be fined up to 200,000 dollars!!!!! (I'm not sure about the conversion rate, but I'm guessing that it would be about 60,000 and 120,000 US?) So although I love Koi, I have never actually owned any. I plan on moving to Sydney for a year in 2018 and after that I'll hopefully end up in Hawaii. So I'll be able to start my Koi journey in 2018 if all goes to plan!
      But for now I'm going to continue with goldfish and bide my time
      Thanks for reading!
      Last edited by KiwiKoi; 07-31-2016 at 03:47 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast