Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "WWKC" Grow out selection Pick #5

fishin4cars
    two 10,000 gallon $$ pits!
    Still Haven't been able to properly bowl and measure any of the Koi. But today the water was good and clear and the sun wasn't casting to bad of a glare to take pics directly from the pond. I have also noticed over the last couple of weeks that WWKC Kohaku #5 is Kuchiben. It has a really nice and solid red colored lip that goes from hinge of the mouth to hinge of the mouth. That's been an added bonus to this fellow. I'm really starting to think it's a male.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by fishin4cars; 02-15-2014 at 10:05 PM.

Midorigoi
    watching the fish
    ‘Gecko Girl’
    The fins do look male, also I noticed the color has really deepened looking good!

fishin4cars
    two 10,000 gallon $$ pits!
    Thanks Stacy, Overall I have been very pleased with it. For a last pick in the grow-out and not being one I would have picked out if I had to chose out of all the fish available in the grow-out it has really grown on me. Yes the Beni has deepened and the Shiro seems to have opened up ever so slightly along the dorsal which I am thankful for. I wondered if it would or not as it grew. Also for some odd reason I personally like fish with one red eye and now the Kuchiben starting to really come out it seems this little fellow is one of those rare fish for me that just keeps improving as it grows ever so slowly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12