• Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY Air Lift Pond Vacuum

divedaddy03 is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Thank you for that link Rich, I didn't even know that people were posting here....wasn't getting email subbs.

Thanks again, Wayne.

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

divedaddy03 is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by bonita69 View Post
      ME LIKE!!!!! Going to build one myself!!! So did anybody go with 2" all the way around and get same performance? Or do you need the 3" T for the discharge to get that flow rate? Divedaddy is it possible for you to show a pic up close of the nozzles your using for the air lift and where to buy. Thanks!
      Here are a couple of pics of the end vacuum end and air nozel as I have it now. I still think that there is room for improvement however....more on this soon.

Also note, I pulled this down out of the slot you see in the black pipe...so that I could take a picture for you, this is not the position that it is in when active in the pond.

photo IMAG0801_zps473e561e.jpg

photo IMAG0800_zpse23cd5d6.jpg

photo IMAG0799_zpsaac81535.jpg
      Last edited by divedaddy03; 05-24-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Richardspond is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I saw yours on youtube and I like it but its just a lil much to lug around for me. I saw another (same idea) only he just stuck his air hose directly to a quick connect that he threaded thru what look like a 1.5" flex hose. I think that's the route I will take

rcmike is offline Supporting Member
      is Still learning every day!

Feeling:
      Embarrased

I hate to bring up an old thread but I made one of these to clean up the pond I built 8 or 9 years ago. The last few years it was neglected due to other priorities and some other things I won't go into. I had been trying to net out the leaves and crud that had settled at the bottom but it wasn't working too well. I would get out a little but then it would be too muddy to see what I was doing. After some searching I found this thread and decided to give it a try. I already have a large air compressor thats hose will reach out to the pond. I made one and since the pond is on a slope I just directed the hose over the side and let it run down the hill. I've used it twice and the bottom is looking much better. It still stirs up some muck but not nearly as bad. I think a couple of more times and I will have it all. It even sucks up the small rocks that came out of some of the plant containers. Thanks for the idea Wayne!

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12