Thread: I really should be out working in the yard

gander is offline Senior Member
      is birds flying high you know how
      I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by koi4u2c View Post
      Gary,

I see a hoop frame over some of your plants. Is it over your pond?
      Could you cover the frame in the winter with clear plastic and leave some of your plants out there.
      I have a hoop frame over my pond. Sun heats water, keeps it warmer in greenhouse at night. My stream bed plants do not even loose their leaves in the winter.
      No Nancy the cost of covering the old greenhouse would be really high and then I would have too cool and heat it and I surely cant afford that.
      "most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
      Yeah that what I was doing when Roger said his son would move them for me. It was not cheap but neither are the plants. The guy from yesterday showed up today at 330 and had help with him he said his son ending up working 13 hours cooking at sonic yesterday and he fell asleep waiting on him but he was glad I found someone and did not seem upset. He said he was just glad the plants are safe he and his son were the ones that moved them after the tornado hit.
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

stephen is offline Koiphen Member
      WWKC Lifetime Charter Diamond Member #2
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by gander View Post
      Yeah that what I was doing when Roger said his son would move them for me. It was not cheap but neither are the plants. The guy from yesterday showed up today at 330 and had help with him he said his son ending up working 13 hours cooking at sonic yesterday and he fell asleep waiting on him but he was glad I found someone and did not seem upset. He said he was just glad the plants are safe he and his son were the ones that moved them after the tornado hit.
      You got r done Friend. Those plants need to carry on!

SouthernStarr is offline Administrator
      is Home sweet home!

Feeling:
      Happy

Glad you got them in. I know what a relief it must be!

Proud Member Of The WWKC
      WWKC Lifetime Diamond Charter Member #6

I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

Ok I brought the last of the plants that I can bring inside just a few minutes ago. I finally dug the 2 red bananas up and just tossed them in with the other plants. I dug a lot of alocasia and colocasia up and hopefully some of them will last until spring. I did this last year and some did last. some didnt. I was going too leave one small Ae Ae banana out but decided the area was too wet where I had it. So it will go in the living room beside my african violet stands with the 3 very large Alocasia variegata Macrohizia and 2 smaller ones. See if you dont have a other half you can fill yoour house full of what ever the hell you want,lol There is just a small trail on the back porch too get out with the dogs and to get in the hot tub. Well actually at this minute I cant get in the hottub because the steps into it are full of plants too. This is some colocasia Mojito and maui gold that came out of the stream. The Maui gold I cant pick up I am going too leave them out for a while with this wheel barrow on top of them so they can dry out and not freeze. I think they could stay all winter but as soon as they dry out I will try and find a place for them. when they grow in water they really dont make good tubers. well the Mojito does not but some of the others do. There are some of the one that has dark green and lime splashes on it that do make good tubers growing in water they send out runners too. Sorry cant remember its name. ok by the way the all the dogs slept with me last night. they all were really good for a change. right now I am tweaking again my back is still bothering me pretty bad. I got good drugs though.lol/ I got them all dug just a few odds and ends left for the winter too get but that cant be helped the ones that are hard too replace are inside. I think I will take my sedum pots before the winter really set in and put them under my picnic table and put plastic over it and make it into a cold frame that should keep them safe I hope.they would not do well on my back porch even if I did have room for them.
      Attached Images Attached Images     
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

gray cat is offline Administrator ~ WWKC BOD ~ Facebook Administrator
      is Tired of blowing the leaves!

Feeling:
      Tired

That was a lot of hard work! The Black Magic & Imperial that is growing in my stream, after the frost hits them , I will cut them down. I will leave them about a foot tall and cover them with about three sheets of 6 mil. plastic. They came back from last winter. They are huge now.
      I see a leaf of your Red Castor Bean plant. Are you bringing it inside too? Mine is about 4 ft tall and I plan to try to keep it alive mainly for the reason to try to get it to bloom next summer. I hope to get some seed from it by it being bigger & older starting out this Spring.
      O am glad you brought the AE AE inside.
      Nancy

Koiphen 2012 Koi Person of the Year!

I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

I am so glad got everything inside. We had a pretty good frost last night that took the tops on the hardy bananas and the green colocasia that has take over the south side of the greenhouse
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

DarleneD is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Just in time!

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4754555657