• Tired
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: perhia pumps

bobbd is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

perhia pumps

Does anyone know what the perhia pumps do that are included with the Red Label rdfs ?

SeaSideAquatics, LLC is offline Supporting Member
      is always working

Feeling:
      Awesome

if you visit www.seasideaquatics.com/pond

click on the drum you interest on, the model is listed under the description.

Sea Side Aquatics, LLC
      540 S Jefferson Street Unit C
      Placentia, CA 92870
      www.SeaSideAquatics.com

kimini is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by bobbd View Post
      Does anyone know what the perhia pumps do that are included with the Red Label rdfs ?
      What do you mean by what they "do"? Do you mean what GPH it generates, or what its purpose is?

If you mean flow, that all depends upon the installation.

If you mean what its purpose is, it's to move water to or from the RDF.
      Last edited by kimini; 04-19-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Zac Penn is offline Supporting Member
      is the owner of Deepwater Koi
      Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

They are used to pump water back to the pond That I know for certain!

How much water they move is debatable.
      Zac Penn.... Not an expert on Pump Testing, no matter what people may think!
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

is always working

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Penn View Post
      by one person that did the test and call himself "Zac Penn.... Not an expert on Pump Testing, no matter what people may think!"

Any one have question, you can contact Jeff at Sea Dwelling, one of the biggest saltwater aquarium wholesaler in the world. They are using many of our pumps, ordered and sold many to their customers and so far "no complain"; Jeff was very happy with the flow rate and stated according to his testing, the flow is exactly or very close to as stated by the company. The video below is provided by Jeff.

Address: 5515 W 104th St, Los Angeles, CA 90045
      Hours: Open ⋅ Closes 3:30PM
      Phone: (310) 676-9697

If any one out there need to talk to another hobbyists or dealer(s) that currently using Periha pump(s) before making the purchase. I am more happy to send their information for you to talk to before making your decision. If you decided to make a purchase and you are not happy with it for any reason, send it back within 30 days for full money back guarantee and if you decide to keep it, the pump has 2 years replacement warranty.

Russell Peters currently running close to 20 pumps at his farm.

William Tullis recently purchased 4 pumps for his set up. He told me he was happy with it.

So why are we sitting here, debating on how much flow or how the testing is done.

Lets see how many happy customers using the pump compare to how many dislike the pump.

30 days money back guarantee, we even pay for the return label what you got to lose ?

Sea Side Aquatics, LLC
      Placentia, CA 92870
      www.SeaSideAquatics.com

Russell Peters is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

people vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

people vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better
      Quote Originally Posted by SeaSideAquatics, LLC View Post
      by one person that did the test and call himself "Zac Penn.... Not an expert on Pump Testing, no matter what people may think!"

Any one have question, you can contact Jeff at Sea Dwelling, one of the biggest saltwater aquarium wholesaler in the world. They are using many of our pumps, ordered and sold many to their customers and so far "no complain"; Jeff was very happy with the flow rate and stated according to his testing, the flow is exactly or very close to as stated by the company. The video below is provided by Jeff.

Address: 5515 W 104th St, Los Angeles, CA 90045
      Hours: Open ⋅ Closes 3:30PM
      Phone: (310) 676-9697

If any one out there need to talk to another hobbyists or dealer(s) that currently using Periha pump(s) before making the purchase. I am more happy to send their information for you to talk to before making your decision. If you decided to make a purchase and you are not happy with it for any reason, send it back within 30 days for full money back guarantee and if you decide to keep it, the pump has 2 years replacement warranty.

Russell Peters currently running close to 20 pumps at his farm.

William Tullis recently purchased 4 pumps for his set up. He told me he was happy with it.

So why are we sitting here, debating on how much flow or how the testing is done.

Lets see how many happy customers using the pump compare to how many dislike the pump.

30 days money back guarantee, we even pay for the return label what you got to lose ?
      Yup, it is too bad that some people have to try to do what they are not certified to do.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

is always working

Feeling:
      Awesome

the bottom line is.....the customer is HAPPY ! if they dont, contact the point of purchase, we will send return label.

Full refund.

No debate about it.

Sea Side Aquatics, LLC
      Placentia, CA 92870
      www.SeaSideAquatics.com

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
      Yup, it is too bad that some people have to try to do what they are not certified to do.
      So far I have seen a video from you holding a pipe up in the air and calling it pump testing, Tom run three pipes into the air and call it pump testing, and this video of of a flow meter on a system at Sea Dwelling as pump testing as well...... Do any of these people have certifications to do pump testing? No they do not, and yet I am the one people shouldn't listen to.

What would have happened if I tested a Periha pump, and it actually flowed more than it was advertised to? Would my testing be stupid and pointless then?
      I have not been shy in stating that so far the Periha pump that has been tested is by far the best bang for the buck as far as flow rates and energy are concerned. Plus Tom is providing great customer service on the pumps if you aren't happy.

PLEASE BUY PERIHA PUMPS........ They appear to be well made, are energy efficient and are low cost, but in my opinion they do not flow as much water as advertised. Even with that being said, I haven't found a pump yet that flow more GPH per Watt.
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

So far I have seen a video from you holding a pipe up in the air and calling it pump testing, Tom run three pipes into the air and call it pump testing, and this video of of a flow meter on a system at Sea Dwelling as pump testing as well...... Do any of these people have certifications to do pump testing? No they do not, and yet I am the one people shouldn't listen to.

What would have happened if I tested a Periha pump, and it actually flowed more than it was advertised to? Would my testing be stupid and pointless then?
      I have not been shy in stating that so far the Periha pump that has been tested is by far the best bang for the buck as far as flow rates and energy are concerned. Plus Tom is providing great customer service on the pumps if you aren't happy.

PLEASE BUY PERIHA PUMPS........ They appear to be well made, are energy efficient and are low cost, but in my opinion they do not flow as much water as advertised. Even with that being said, I haven't found a pump yet that flow more GPH per Watt.
      We are not making any claims with our ‘tests’, at least I am not, about gph numbers but I could tell by my test that the pump was exactly what I needed. You are the only one that is producing ‘precise’ numbers and you are not certified to do that. We don’t know that your set up is properly set, with equipment that has been certified, to give you your results so why should we even believe you are accurate?

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

We are not making any claims with our ‘tests’, at least I am not, about gph numbers but I could tell by my test that the pump was exactly what I needed.
      Sure you are, you're claiming that your own uncertified findings are more accurate.
      Last edited by kimini; 04-19-2018 at 04:35 PM.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSideAquatics, LLC View Post
      the bottom line is.....the customer is HAPPY ! if they dont, contact the point of purchase, we will send return label. Full refund.

No debate about it.
      Yes, you keep saying this. Since you insist the flow data is accurate (based on?), what if I want to return the pump because my tests show low flow?

If you say yes, you're accepting my testing as valid even though I'm not certified. How are my uncertified claims any different than someone else's - on whom you're threatening legal action? Are you going to sue everyone who claims that the flow is below spec?

If you say no, then it's not a blanket return policy.
      Last edited by kimini; 04-19-2018 at 04:27 PM.

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

We are not making any claims with our ‘tests’, at least I am not, about gph numbers but I could tell by my test that the pump was exactly what I needed. You are the only one that is producing ‘precise’ numbers and you are not certified to do that. We don’t know that your set up is properly set, with equipment that has been certified, to give you your results so why should we even believe you are accurate?
      You don't need to be certified to fill a 50 gallon drum and use a stop watch....

Average of 48 seconds to fill a 50 gallon drum = 3,750 GPH at .75 feet of head pressure.
      The PB-20000 should be flowing very close to 5,283 GPH at that head pressure.

Oh but maybe the stopwatch wasn't pushed in time, or the barrel is not actually 50 gallons...
      If it was actually pumping that much water then it would have taken 34 seconds to fill the 50 gallon barrel. I don't think there is ANY way you can dispute that my stopwatch skills were off by 14 seconds or that my 50 gallon barrel was actually 70 gallons which took 48 seconds to fill at 5,283 GPH.

At some point Russell you are going to have to admit that I am not a lying scumbag piece of crap like you think I am I may not be a certified pump tester but I am at least somewhat smart enough to figure out the PB-20000 isn't flowing what it says it is. So RUSSELL I leave you with one question...
      Based strictly on the video I provided, do you think the PB-20000 is flowing as advertised?

Is there a chance that I have a lemon as a pump????? ABSOLUTELY.... Tom if you want me to perform this exact same test with a different PB-20000 then please send one to me and I will test it honestly and report the findings. You are putting your credibility on the line with these pumps so I want you to have every opportunity to back up your statements. I am spending my time testing pumps to provide greater clarity to the entire koi hobby. I AM NOT trying to pick on any one company. I will say it again....Even with the lower flow rate than advertised, the Periha pump is still the best bang for you buck out of all pumps tested.
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

You don't need to be certified to fill a 50 gallon drum and use a stop watch...
      Zak beat me to it - this is exactly what I was going to say. How on earth you two continue to argue that an "uncertified" video of filling a tank is wrong, yet how? List how it's incorrect based upon your facts - you guys are just making yourselves look bad.

The two attackers are also conveniently assuming that because Zac isn't certified, that somehow "means" the results are true. A huge assumption gentlemen and bad science!
      Last edited by kimini; 04-19-2018 at 04:35 PM.

Marilyn is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Zac, for a guy that says he is doing all this for the good of the hobby and not isolating any one pump, that quip I've noted is why you are getting pushback. So maybe stop playing the victim and stop saying they are coming after you. I haven't seen Russ or Tom post on your product threads in such a manner. Most of the posts on this thread are by people that, frankly, could have waited for the supplier to address. Oh wait, he did before the other blathering began.

My opinion is that if you perpetuate the stuff like you posted you will continue to get pushback. I don't care how many winks and smilies you throw in a post, when the intent is negative, it is perceived as negative.

Just so I understand, can I anticipate the peanut gallery arrival anytime the Red Label or Periha pump is mentioned? Because this endless caterwauling is getting on my last nerve.
      Still learning as I go but y'all can call me Marilyn

I'll say something when I feel I have something worth saying. I'm not a fan of flapping my lips just because they are there.

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
      Zac, for a guy that says he is doing all this for the good of the hobby and not isolating any one pump, that quip I've noted is why you are getting pushback. So maybe stop playing the victim and stop saying they are coming after you. I haven't seen Russ or Tom post on your product threads in such a manner. Most of the posts on this thread are by people that, frankly, could have waited for the supplier to address. Oh wait, he did before the other blathering began.

My opinion is that if you perpetuate the stuff like you posted you will continue to get pushback. I don't care how many winks and smilies you throw in a post, when the intent is negative, it is perceived as negative.

Just so I understand, can I anticipate the peanut gallery arrival anytime the Red Label or Periha pump is mentioned? Because this endless caterwauling is getting on my last nerve.
      Your quoted in bold statement is completely accurate. The flow rate is a debatable subject. Russell will debate that the flow rate is "exactly what he needed" and others can debate otherwise.

I have no beef with RL and have never said anything bad about it.
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Your quoted in bold statement is completely accurate. The flow rate is a debatable subject. Russell will debate that the flow rate is "exactly what he needed" and others can debate otherwise.

I have no beef with RL and have never said anything bad about it.
      Right, so you're basically validating that every time you see the Periha pump mentioned on the forum, I can anticipate seeing that type of post?

I'll say something when I feel I have something worth saying. I'm not a fan of flapping my lips just because they are there.

lukef is offline king of the lilliputians
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

actually they are used to pump water away from the pond? gravity takes it back to the pond.
      "Those aren't poodles. They're Dobermans with afros."

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

IOW, I haven't seen you as aggressive with pointing out your negatives in relation to the other pumps you tested. Time will tell.

As far as the testing, I understand why a distributor would question your results. I did a fair amount of research into flow meters and how to achieve accuracy during the testing process. I spent days researching meters when I had my axial flow pump in use. What I discovered was that placement of the meter is critical to achieving an accurate calculation on flow. You can't have bends within a certain amount of linear feet and there needed to be a certain amount of straight pipe prior to and after the meter to get a reliable reading.
      Since I didn't want to go to all that work as it would have been very difficult in my application, I opted not to put a meter on it. That said, I also did not say I had tested it. I simply gave the information regarding my application and let others decide.

Bottom line, you may quibble with the way Russ did his test for our application, but your testing falls far outside the parameters of what I saw as acceptable meter readings environment.

kby103 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Your response had nothing to do with helping to answer the question. It was only meant to cast dispersion. Not only that, but you have actually admitted that it is the best pump you have "tested". So if you wanted to just be accurate- you could have said "while it can be expected that actual flow rate will vary from the manufacturer's curves, the Perhia are the best bang for the buck. So remember to always oversize, regardless of the brand, but the best brand based upon my testing is the Perhia."

Frankly, this just makes you look like a jerk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast