• Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: Sekko Shiro Usturi winter grow out

thekoitank is offline Member
      This user has no status.
      East Coast

Sekko Shiro Usturi winter grow out

Hello everone this is the Koi Tank discussing the recent start of our 2011-2012 winter grow out. Our selection of fish include 600, 5-6 inch Sekko shiro usturi that we recently imported from Seki Koi Farm in Japan. This was Mr. Seki's last season farming his beatiful shiro usturi so we found it cucial to purchase as many babies from him as possible.

We are very pleased with the quality for we see great potential in many of them. The shiros are still all underdeveloped which is critical at this size and in terms of their potential as they grow larger. In contrast to being underdeveloped I am please to see the rich jet black luster of the sumi that is beginning to develop. Just as important is to point out the strong snow white color the shiro's have.

Please stay tuned for updates as we will track and publish our progression. In the last 3 weeks the fish have grown approximately 1/2 inch. Over the next 4 weeks feeding will increase to 3 times a day and eventually 5-6 times a day.

In additon to our shiro usturi grow out please follow our Dainichi Sakura showa grow out as well as our Dainichi Kokugyo showa grow out.

We can be reached by email at thekoitank@gmail.com, or by phone at 601-Koi-Tank. Thanks for looking and we hope you follow our winter grow out.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

tsunadekoi is offline Member
      This user has no status.
      Exeter, Mo
      **** i have a tosai sekko shiro growing out in my mudpond.