• Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: Pond Supplies Inc. / EBD Stores

KatieVL is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Pond Supplies Inc. / EBD Stores

I ordered items from Pond Supplies Inc. / EBD Stores for my pond build 11 days ago and have only received 2 of the five items. I have not received any tracking info on my missing items. Has anyone else had an experience with this company?

K.O.I.

Start something you will never finish...A koi pond
      "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." -Dalai Lama

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

yorkie is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Geeky

Yes both good and bad. The best way to contact them is through email. If you get no respose send an email everyday until you do. I was told that items come from different wharehouses and that is why they are shipped seperatly. The items you did not recieve my be on back order. I also had that happen on one oreder but it took several emails before I got a response.
      A true pondaholic!
      40,000 Gallons, 45 koi

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

So here is what I found out today after posting here on the Vendor forum. When you order from one of these companies, Pond Supplies Inc. / EBD Stores, calponds.com, joesponds.com, your are ordering from Joe. Today via email, I was told that the Finquel MS-222 is on backorder until Spring and that they thought I wanted to pre-order it. They refunded my money today for that item. My skimmers will arrive tomorrow, 13 days after ordering them. The two Rhino Bottom drains were shipped today. So I will get them next week. As a consolation or ........, they shipped a free #40 bag of koi food and requested I remove my post.

The prices on these sites are quite good. I have ordered from Joesponds before and had similar long wait times for my items. In my opinion you should order 2-3 weeks in advance of needing the product.

K.O.I.

calponds.com is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

This thread is over 2 years old, but was only recently brought to our attention. As already noted, this valued return customer was provided a free product valued at over $90 to help make up for any inconvenience caused by a 3 day shipping delay, which was due to a clerical error.

Normal transit time via UPS or FedEx for standard ground shipments to Florida from our Southern California warehouse is 4 – 5 business days. We process a HUGE volume of orders for customers worldwide and the vast majority of these orders ship same or next day.

You may read many more positive reviews about our business from satisfied customers right here at Koiphen at the following URLs:

https://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...08-JoesKoi.com

https://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...anks-Joe-s-Koi

https://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...-Joesponds.com

https://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...nk-you-Calpond!

https://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...oesponds-rocks!!!!!

Customer support is our top priority. So if you are happy with the quality of products and service we provide, please tell your friends. But if you are not, please tell us. We would love to hear from you.

Thanks again for your continued support and we look forward to serving your pond and water garden supply needs in the years ahead. Happy ponding!

the koi lady is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Not happy with EBD, placed an order several weeks ago, received order confirmation and my credit card was charged.
      Spoke to Harry today and he blamed the warehouse, he says they claimed to have e mailed me two weeks ago with they did not. And they wanted an additional 84 dollars in shipping even though they already charged me 83 and change.
      I appreciate that he returned my call but didn't appreciate how he talked over me and didn't let me get a word in. Poor communication and customer service! I cancelled my order and expect a prompt credit...very disappointed!

vpkoi is offline Senior Member
      is apprhensive

Feeling:
      Cool

I would not use again

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

So I gave Joe another chance and am regretting it...I ordered some food as he has good prices. One of the foods took 17 days to arrive and then when I look at the box its best by date is 5/4/15. So the food came late ....like a year late. Selling old food, at full price is no good. I sent him a email asking for a refund, but have not heard back yet.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

K.O.I.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Someone called yesterday and said they would refund the money.

K.O.I.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by KatieVL View Post
      So I gave Joe another chance and am regretting it...I ordered some food as he has good prices. One of the foods took 17 days to arrive and then when I look at the box its best by date is 5/4/15. So the food came late ....like a year late. Selling old food, at full price is no good. I sent him a email asking for a refund, but have not heard back yet.
      Due to issue with our supplier, expiration date of food shipped to customer was 5/4/2015. Realizing this customer will be unlikely able to use all food before this date, we happily issued full refund to customer upon being contacted. In addition, we also allowed this valued return customer to keep the food. For clarification, this Koi food is NOT expired and this customer now has a 22lbs. bag of food valued at $180 for free. Again, we appreciate your continued support and happy ponding!

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by KatieVL View Post
      One more quick follow up. In addition to purchasing a bag of Mizuho Koi Food, this valued return customer also purchased a 33lbs. bag of Saki Hikari Koi Food on same order. No mention of this was made by customer when posting this negative feedback. This order was placed 3/30 and the Saki Hikari was confirmed shipped to customer via UPS on 3/31 -- the very next business day. Normal transit time from our Southern California location location to Florida is approximately 4 business days. Again, as previously explained, Mizuho shipment was delayed due to supplier issue outside our control. As a courtesy, this customer was allowed to keep this Mizuho -- a $180 value -- free of charge. Thanks again for your continued support and we look forward to serving your pond and water garden supply needs well into the future.

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I offered to send the food back. I don't want the food. I appreciate the refund. I would have appreciated an email letting me know the food was backordered and would be a couple of weeks before it was delivered. I could have then decided whether to wait for the food or order different food. However, I received no update and then the food was old when it arrived. I feel confident you are not losing $180, but will dispute the charge with Mizuho.

K.O.I.

tinsoldier is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Ordered an EVO 55watt UV light on their website. Harry called a week later to tell me its on backorder for a month even though I see them advertised the UV light in the Professional Market Place. It has been almost a month so decided to email them for an update. No replies. Will probably try to call the number in which I found out it was a google number. Hate to have to dispute the credit card and go through the paperwork. In my opinion, this is really bad business. First time ordered with them and most likely the last time.

Tony&koi is offline Senior Member
      is A guy with his fishes.

Feeling:
      Friendly

So far, I have had great experience with Calponds or EBd shop.

The stuff come to me are straight from EBD's suppliers and sometimes EBD does not even know if items are expired, broken etc. I had waited for an item for almost a week and half,then decided to contact EBD to find out that EBD's supplier had lost this item on shipping and Harry at EBD was able to send me a replacement.

I guess the problem is all about misunderstanding or miscommunication.
      Tony

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
      Ordered an EVO 55watt UV light on their website. Harry called a week later to tell me its on backorder for a month even though I see them advertised the UV light in the Professional Market Place. It has been almost a month so decided to email them for an update. No replies. Will probably try to call the number in which I found out it was a google number. Hate to have to dispute the credit card and go through the paperwork. In my opinion, this is really bad business. First time ordered with them and most likely the last time.
      Replacement EVO UV Lamps barely arrived in the country last week. Backorder information was communicated to customers via email. If you have a pending order for an Evo lamp, please contact us via our website. Thanks again for your business. We appreciate it very much.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by specialone0812 View Post
      So far, I have had great experience with Calponds or EBd shop.

The stuff come to me are straight from EBD's suppliers and sometimes EBD does not even know if items are expired, broken etc. I had waited for an item for almost a week and half,then decided to contact EBD to find out that EBD's supplier had lost this item on shipping and Harry at EBD was able to send me a replacement.

I guess the problem is all about misunderstanding or miscommunication.
      Thanks for the support, Tony. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007