• Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: Polyurea calculation method

JoeKoi is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Polyurea calculation method

The following formula is provided to assist you in determining the theoretical square foot coverage rate of 100% solids, polyurea spray coating: 1 gallon of material sprayed down @ 1 mil will cover 1604 sq feet. In order to determine material coverage rate, divide the number of mils you intend to spray down, into 1604. This will give you the number of square feet you can expect to get out of a gallon of material. Example: 1604 divided by 60 mils equals 26.73 S.F. per gallon. (An additional 25%-30% minimum for overspray should be factored in the coverage rate estimation.)

Joe W
      You should design each part of the garden tastefully, recalling your memories of how nature presented itself for each feature... design your garden with the mood of harmony, modelling after the general air of such places. Sakuteiki
      Offical Koiphen survivor of: koiphenville, Sarges redo, Ganders lily pond and Stephen's humble pond redo.

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Material cost of polyurea

One gallon of 100% polyurea costs between $35.00 - $38.00. Depending on the level of prep required and applicator costs, The cost per square foot is around $4.50 to $7.50 per square foot. $7.50 on the high end.

JoeW
      You should design each part of the garden tastefully, recalling your memories of how nature presented itself for each feature... design your garden with the mood of harmony, modelling after the general air of such places. Sakuteiki
      Offical Koiphen survivor of: koiphenville, Sarges redo, Ganders lily pond and Stephen's humble pond redo.

Kent Wallace is offline The luckiest man in the world
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

This seems a little more reasonable.

Bill OTMS is offline Most Illustrious Koi Dude
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by JoeKoi
      One gallon of 100% polyurea costs between $35.00 - $38.00. Depending on the level of prep required and applicator costs, The cost per square foot is around $4.50 to $7.50 per square foot. $7.50 on the high end.JoeW
      Joe - Is this the 'hand' applied material?
      Truth Is Truth. You Can't Have Opinions About Truth.
      You cannot ask a fish not to swim.
      It's the only thing that makes him him - Tony Curtis

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Polyurea info

Hello Bill,

This is our cost of the high pressure application. The material by itself is just a few dollars, where the additional expenses come into play is in the prep and applicator costs (travel, etc...)

Low pressure applications "should" always cost less do to the fewer pieces of equipment needed. Low pressure application also does not require the training or experience level that high pressure application does.

In your scenario Bill, the low pressure application and choice of installer was ideal.

In situations with different substrates and obstacles such as overhangs, ledges, stone bridges, caves etc... the high pressure systems would be a better choice.

Howard is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Polyurea

Quote Originally Posted by JoeKoi View Post
      The following formula is provided to assist you in determining the theoretical square foot coverage rate of 100% solids, polyurea spray coating: 1 gallon of material sprayed down @ 1 mil will cover 1604 sq feet. In order to determine material coverage rate, divide the number of mils you intend to spray down, into 1604. This will give you the number of square feet you can expect to get out of a gallon of material. Example: 1604 divided by 60 mils equals 26.73 S.F. per gallon. (An additional 25%-30% minimum for overspray should be factored in the coverage rate estimation.)

Joe W
      I have an EPDM liner 45 mil. If I was to cover with polyurea the liner with this product do you have any input? My pond id leaking and I found the cause now in discussion with certain companies for repair.

tbullard is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

So that your not waiting around for an answer this thread is 12 years old and JoeKoi hasn't logged in for over 11 years.

kevin32 is offline Inactivated
      is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
      I have an EPDM liner 45 mil. If I was to cover with polyurea the liner with this product do you have any input? My pond id leaking and I found the cause now in discussion with certain companies for repair.
      Paul at artisan aquatics said no you can't. under the right conditions , geotextile can be put down and then the walls get sprayed over this. in my case I have clay so it is wasn't an option for me

danzcool is offline Senior Member
      is Peachy, even though I've had
      no peaches this year

Feeling:
      ----

Benicia, CA, still on the bay so that it cools off nightly but far enough from the coast to be nice.
      Quote Originally Posted by kevin32 View Post
      Paul at artisan aquatics said no you can't. under the right conditions , geotextile can be put down and then the walls get sprayed over this. in my case I have clay so it is wasn't an option for me
      I know of a polyurea pond in Martinez that is geotextile over clay with just a concrete collar on the top....
      Koiphen member since 05-13-2004

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007