• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Zakki Shower, distributed by Deepwater Koi Innovations

Zac Penn is offline Supporting Member
      is the owner of Deepwater Koi
      Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

The Zakki Shower, distributed by Deepwater Koi Innovations

For detailed description of the Zakki Shower please follow this link...
      http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...79#post1983179

Pricing for the Zakki Shower Filter...
      Name:  package shower.PNG
Views: 4273
Size:  466.3 KB
      Standard version 49" x 20" x 20" tall designed for 8,500 - 12,000 GPH....$1,693 + shipping
      Upgraded water distribution manifold to accept up to 12,000 - 16,000 GPH...$1,768 + shipping

The Zakki Shower can be manufactured with a waterfall weir so it can be placed at the edge of the pond. It can either have a short weir attached to it for sitting at the pond edge, or a longer weir can be attached so the filter is hidden behind a wall.
      Name:  IMG_0148.jpg
Views: 4483
Size:  85.3 KB
      If a short weir is used then pricing is...$1,843 + shipping
      If a long weir is to be used then pricing is...$1,918 + shipping

Smaller sizes of the Zakki Shower can be produced, to suit your needs. Pricing is dependent on the size of the shower, and whether customization will be required to suit your needs. Below is an example of the customization and pricing...
      Name:  36 inch waterfall 014.jpg
Views: 4543
Size:  51.8 KB
      36" x 20" x 20" tall long waterfall weir attached to the side of Zakki Shower....$1,665 + shipping

The Mini Zakki Shower a.k.a. Japanese Lantern Shower is available as well for small ponds or quarantine systems...
      Name:  Cermedia 003.jpg
Views: 3741
Size:  13.3 KB
      12" x 12" x 20" is $350 + shipping

All pricing includes the Zakki Shower container, open air media baskets, water distribution manifold, and all of the Cermedia required to fill the baskets.

Please direct your questions about the filter design to this link....

And questions about pricing and shipping quotes can be through responses in this thread, via PM, or phone calls to 1-904-288-6199

Dealer opportunities available as well!

Zac
      Zac Penn.... Not an expert on Pump Testing, no matter what people may think!
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

There is a very nice conversation going about these filters here...
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

McKTX is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Could this smaller unit be enlarged enough to handle say 5-6K per hour from my 3 SG filters? I like the Japanese Lantern Shower style.
      The two enemies of the people are criminals and government.

No one can ruin your day without YOUR permission!!!

"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

ADOPT A RESCUED PET!
      !!DON'T BREED OR BUY WHILE OTHERS DIE!!
      TO NEUTER IS CUTER!
      Click for McKinney, Texas Forecast

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by McKTX View Post
      Could this smaller unit be enlarged enough to handle say 5-6K per hour from my 3 SG filters? I like the Japanese Lantern Shower style.
      Yes I can enlarge it, so that it is longer but the width and height will remain the same. This is due to the type of equipment I have to work with. To handle 5-6K gph the container would need to be 36" long x 12" wide x 20" tall.

I have attached a drawing of what it would look like.

What is the outlet height of your S&G filters compared to where the bottom of the shower filter will be? It will need to be at least 30" higher than the bottom of the shower filter.

Zac
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I will have to check on that, tomorrow. I think I would have to redo a bit of plumbing, but that should not be a problem. Any chance it could be shorter? Like 30". But I will take a tape out to the pond tomorrow and take some measurements.

The showers help strip/remove nitrates from the water? My well water is high in nitrates and I am wanting to try and lower them some.

"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

ADOPT A RESCUED PET!
      TO NEUTER IS CUTER!

APOLONASGR36 is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Video of them working!
      John

Proud Lifetime Member

Founding Member

MAKC Member

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Zac, what does the back of the 12x12 lantern look like? Thanks.

ADOPT A RESCUED PET!
      TO NEUTER IS CUTER!

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

I will have to check on that, tomorrow. I think I would have to redo a bit of plumbing, but that should not be a problem. Any chance it could be shorter? Like 30". But I will take a tape out to the pond tomorrow and take some measurements.

The showers help strip/remove nitrates from the water? My well water is high in nitrates and I am wanting to try and lower them some.
      I am sorry for the long delay, but I have been with the family! Unfortunately the rumor about showers stripping nitrates from the water is a false one. Showers are a very oxygen rich environment, which is optimal for the nitrification process, but it is the worst place for denitrification to happen. Nitrate holds a very strong bond with the water and can not be removed from the water by splashing in these showers. They have to be chemically converted from nitrate to nitrite by certain strain of bacteria that will take one of the extra Oxygen molecules from the nitrate, and use it for respiration, in a low oxygen rich environment.

As for the back of the Lantern Showers I am attaching a picture for you, but your larger lantern style will have a 2" input instead of 1 1/2"

Zac
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by APOLONASGR36 View Post
      Video of them working!
      I will get on that this week. I have three of these lantern filters working at my parents house, so I can get a video there for you.

Here is an old video of a waterfall shower working. Disregard all the leaks, because this was all dry-fit plumbing and just a test run...

Zac
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I guess that won't work for any of my SG filters they all have 4" output gravity from the barrel. Suggestions?

ADOPT A RESCUED PET!
      TO NEUTER IS CUTER!

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

I guess that won't work for any of my SG filters they all have 4" output gravity from the barrel. Suggestions?
      I am sure I can make this work, for you. What were the measurements from the output of the S&G filters, to were there Zakki Shower will be placed? Once I know that info I can figure out the right plumbing.

Zac
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Here are the two barrels. I can easily redo the plumbing so each outlet can be separate to the pond. I have the barrels offline for the winter. I really prefer the "look" of the 12x12 lantern style, perhaps 2 side by side with 4" input? Each barrel produces about 2K per hour.

Does this help or what do you really need?

ADOPT A RESCUED PET!
      TO NEUTER IS CUTER!

sundan is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Zak, did I miss something? How is the water aerated if there is not a second, third tray for the air to exchange between levels of trays? I know this knew media will have the water to go thru the media complete however I need a better understanding of aeration. I hope you will have enough of the media to sell at show. How much do I need to fill one tray and should it be the top one?
      Also, dur-cast plastic comapny is in my town so will check on perforated pvc sheet prices for degas tower.

Click for Lake Wales, Florida Forecast

mtsklar is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

We have some pretty good results tested with DO meters. MP2C above the waterline is very Aerobic.

Matt Sklar

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Here are the two barrels. I can easily redo the plumbing so each outlet can be separate to the pond. I have the barrels offline for the winter. I really prefer the "look" of the 12x12 lantern style, perhaps 2 side by side with 4" input? Each barrel produces about 2K per hour.

Does this help or what do you really need?
      In that picture does the ground below the S&G filters represent the top edge of the pond, or is the ground at a higher elevation at the pond compared to the S&G filters? In the picture it looks like the barrels (36" tall) have the outlet at around 32" on center, then since they are on cinder blocks that gains another 8"+ from the ground. That would put us at 40" above ground level right at the S&G filters. If I were to place one of my lantern filters on the ground next to the S&G filters then there would be 20" on head pressure pushing the water through the shower and even if it used the same 1 1/2" inlet to the shower it would handle the 2000 GPH just fine. So if you want to run three of the S&G filters, connect all of the outlets into one 4" pipe and bring that down to the Lantern filter, then split it up into three 1.5" lines and connect it to the three inlets to the large Lantern Zakki Filter you will be just fine.
      I just need you to verify that the ground elevation where the S&G filters are is the same elevation where the pond edge is.

Zac
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by sundan View Post
      Zak, did I miss something? How is the water aerated if there is not a second, third tray for the air to exchange between levels of trays? I know this knew media will have the water to go thru the media complete however I need a better understanding of aeration. I hope you will have enough of the media to sell at show. How much do I need to fill one tray and should it be the top one?
      Also, dur-cast plastic comapny is in my town so will check on perforated pvc sheet prices for degas tower.
      The Zakki Showers feature Open Air Media Baskets, that have over 3500 individual holes allowing for easy air exchange inside the filter. The shower trays that are pictured have solid walls to them, so the media is trapped inside the container and can only exchange gas at the top of the trays. Another thing to consider is the amount of air that is drawn into my media baskets from the 1300 individual streams of water created by my water distribution manifold, that are falling onto the media. These streams do not have a laminar flow so they have rough edges and are broken up into thousands of drops that are interacting with the air molecules surrounding them. The friction between the air and water falling through the air help to draw more air inside the media baskets allowing for more gas exchange. If you notice the water exiting the bottom of the tray pictured, you only have maybe 100-150 individual streams of water falling from tray to tray, so you are not getting the same kind of friction between the air and water to drag the air into the media trays. Also since the trays pictured have solid walls and the media is trapped in the enclosed environment, it is harder for the air to find a path out of the tray so it further reduces the amount of air drawn into the filter trays. I am really not trying to pick on your shower setup, because it is doing a good job of nitrification. I am just trying to show how it could be more effective with a design like the Zakki Shower.

Zac
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Here is a video of the Lantern Shower running...
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Zac I will have to measure on that, the pond is raised but might be an inch or so to the top of the waterline. From the bottom of the barrels, that is
      Last edited by McKTX; 02-07-2011 at 12:41 PM.

ADOPT A RESCUED PET!
      TO NEUTER IS CUTER!

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Zac I will have to measure on that, the pond is raised but might be an inch or so to the top of the waterline. From the bottom of the barrels, that is
      So if I am understanding this correctly, you are saying the pond water level is a few inches from the top edge of the pond wall, and the pond wall is a few inches above the bottom of the barrels. That would mean that the pond edge is about 30" below the outlet of the S&G filters. If the Zakki Shower is sitting on the edge of the pond, and is 20" tall, then you will have an additional 10" of head height pushing the water through the shower. If that is correct then we will be able to make this work.
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Yes, I agree, should be plenty of elevation and drop for each SG t have it's own filter. It does look like your connection point angles down? Can that be changed to straight out or a 90* up?

ADOPT A RESCUED PET!
      TO NEUTER IS CUTER!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast