So I'm outside standing with one of my neighbors, (he lives about 4 miles away) and we were discussing the plans for the new greenhouse that will go over most of the back yard and existing Koi pond.
After talking over all the difficulties with building a new filter pit and redoing all the piping he blares out, "Why don't you just build a new pond and have the greenhouse built over that". I was like, "yeah right".
Two days later the plans were set in motion for just that.
So here I am today starting this new thread that will cover the complete construction of the new pond and greenhouse.
As we speak they are doing the excavation. Unlike my first pond, I will only be paying for this project, not actually working on it. It's best, trust me. I have gathered what I believe are the best people for each aspect of this project.
So, here are the plans and layout.

My first expert on this project was contacting Steve Joneli, from High Desert Koi.
I asked him to design for me a dream pond. Here is what he came up with and exactly what I am going with.
The pond will be 20K gallons.
Dimensions will be 32' long, 12' wide and 8' deep with a slope up to 4' on one end. The deep end will be 8x8x12 flat bottom with 4 bottom drains.
All the filtered water will enter the pond in the shallow end and flow down to the deep end. I like this concept of having the water continuously flowing to one end and then being gravity feed back to the other end, thus the reason for the longer thinner pond. How a river works sorta.
The pond will be constructed of 8 inch solid poured walls, reinforced concrete with footers. The pond will be insulted with 2 inches of foam board. I am making sure that finished construction will still yield the same dimensions so to maintain gallons and for the custom seamless drop in liner that is being built. the pond will be raised up 16 inches above ground.I will finish the pond with natural stone pavers. Should give me a final sitting height of about 18".

Here is the equipment list for the pit.
There will be a total of 6 Cetus Sieves all gravity fed.
4 Cetus's will feed off of the 4 bottom drains which will then be pumped up ( 2 Evolution 10,500 pumps) to 2 sets of 4 Bakki showers.
They will then gravity flow back to the pond thru 4 protein skimmers.
4 pond Skimmers will feed 2 more gravity fed Cetus Sieves and they will be pump to 2 large bead filters that will act as fines filtration, then to 2 Zapp 20's then back to pond. They will be pumped by 2 Evolution 6,400 pumps.
My turn over rate will be a little over 30k an hour. I am really liking the fact that even though I will have air domes on the bottom drains, I will not need them. Also, no return jets or mid level pick ups around the pond. I believe this will be a very efficient filtration system with awesome oxygen levels.
The greenhouse will be a Japanese style greenhouse with double walled polycarbonate. I am having it built rather large so I can have plenty of space for the step down filter pit, and room to put in baby koi tanks and grow large groves of tropical trees and plants. We get a lot of snow and wind here so the building had to be rated for such.
The greenhouse has extensive climate controls. Big automated venting for summer and a massive heater for winter. I plan on keeping the temps above 60 for winter. I will be heating the water in this pond also.
I will be posting photos of the progress here.
I think the project will go smooth and swiftly......I hope.

Regards,
Todd Huffman

Btw, I will be keeping the other pond too!!!
The new pond/greenhouse will be just down from here.
[IMG]http://www.*************/koi/koi_pond_yard1.jpg[/IMG]