• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An odd thing happened with my Kodama purchase??

cmungo is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

We had a bad experience with another auction board http://www.nishikigoi.com/.

Our first auction winner went fine and we were more than pleased with the fish at the price we won at. The second time around not so good. We were the high bidder when the auction ended but somehow someone was allowed to come in an hour later and make a bid that was $100 over our bid. When we called the next day they said there was a glitch on the website that night an the late bid was allowed. We felt the fish should have been awarded to us and explain the website glitch to the late bidder. The refused to do that and awarded the fish to the late bidder even though they admitted the problem was on their end. These people also sell a lot fish and have a great reputation but for $100 profit that put aside their integrity.

Now this to is a reputable company so I guess things just happen sometimes on the auctions and the companies seem to always take the position which is best for their profits.

So auction bidders beware!!
      Robert

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

Paultergeist is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Okay......here is an ignorant *newbie* question....but I just have to ask:

Assume that I go to an internet auction site and that I bid on a fish. Assume further that mine was the winning bid, so as the "winner' of the auction, my credit card is charged and the fish now considered to be *mine.* Part of the price I have paid included shipping charges, and shipping is to be performed by the seller within some short period of time (let us say a week). What happens if "my" fish dies between the time I win the auction and the time of shipment?

In this scenario, I am not clear if Brutuscz actually was charged for a fish which he never received?

andres58 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

All I can say is ..Know who you are dealing with. Know the rules before you buy. If you are satisfied bid at your own risk.

If you purchase with a credit card, as a consumer, you have a recourse to get your money back.
      Jorge

Nightstorm is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Sounds like they couldn't find your fish, but simply saying it was dead (presumed dead, I guess?) is simpler for them. That way they don't have to deal with the natural response of "Can you look again/harder?"

Certainly doesn't sound like a profit motive.

-- Chris

Nightstorm's Pond Build

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." -- Hubert H. Humphrey

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change" - C. Darwin

anthonym is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
      Sounds like they couldn't find your fish, but simply saying it was dead (presumed dead, I guess?) is simpler for them. That way they don't have to deal with the natural response of "Can you look again/harder?"

Certainly doesn't sound like a profit motive.
      They do it too often for that to be the case. Its happened to me numerous times from them and even others on this thread that have posted they were told the fish died after the auction .

and I whispered to the horse; trust no man in whose eye you don't see yourself reflected as an equal
      Don Vincenzo Giobbe circa 1700

Jeff Speck is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Not going to go into some stories, but I would not recommend them to a friend.

cindy is offline Administrator
      is Loving retirement

Feeling:
      Happy

Mt. Wash. KY - 7 miles outside Louisville
      I moved to vendor feedback - cindy

Brutuscz is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Well...I finally heard back. They made things right!!! They are offering me the koi for my original price..and I am very happy. They told me that when they cannot locate a koi..they often must tell a buyer it has died. I guess when you deal with hundreds of thousands, it can happen. This is actually th third time I have had issues like this. It happened with a kohaku I bought earlier this season. But...they did make it right. I am getting my new koi next wed..the 26th. We will see how it goes. My fingers are crossed!!!

If your desire to succeed is greater than your desire to fail, then you will succeed!!!

usaforever is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
      Sounds like they couldn't find your fish, but simply saying it was dead (presumed dead, I guess?) is simpler for them. That way they don't have to deal with the natural response of "Can you look again/harder?".
      I'm not sure if I've said this before, but with my first purchase with them, they said my fish was accidentally released to a pond with 300,000 other fish and irretrievable.

patch is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Hey Brut, I'm glad you are getting the koi you wanted, however, I have my doubts they are being truthful about the "story" behind it. For one thing, IF they did lose the koi, why didn't they contact you immediately when they found it? I would imagine that all koi that are put on their auction or E-bay site are kept isolated from other fish to insure health and availability for immediate shipping. How could these fish possibly be "misplaced"?

And as usaforever states, his fish was "accidentally released into a pond with 300K other fish" ! Really! I have seen photos of Kodamas Hawaii site, and I don't see any pond capable of holding 300K koi, not even if they were fry, let alone 1 and 2 year old fish.

Kodama needs to clean up their act and stop the BS !

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

Brutuscz is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I think they are being honest at this point. They have hundreds of thousands of koi. I can see losing track of some. Once they tell you it died and refund your money...why would they then call and tell me they found it? I think once the transaction is refunded and over...it is considered handled and finished. I do believe it was an honest mistake...they just shouldn't lie and tell you it died. Simply say there is a problem and the koi is unsellable. I would respect the honesty much more. When they tell you it died...then, you start to think..is there an infectious issue?? So, honesty really would be the best policy in this case.

If your desire to succeed is greater than your desire to fail, then you will succeed!!!

anthonym is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Having dealt with Kodoma myself with their auctions, I agree with patch. They need to clean up their act. They claimed that fish died , or was too sick to ship after 3 auctions where i was the winning bidder in less then a 3 month period, at least one of which i saw auctioned again later. They may be saying the fish died or was not well enough to ship simply because they felt the fish should have sold for more money at the end of the auction so they just make an excuse. But even if that is not the reason for the excuse they should know where the fish is and its health before the start of offering it for sale at auction. It is very poor business. You may feal that they did right by you for selling you the fish for the same price now as they offered it to you when they said it died ( did they suddenly have that fish priced higher ??????) but to be in business and telling lies because their employees do not want to take the time to do their jobs of looking for the item they just sold is ridiculous .

and I whispered to the horse; trust no man in whose eye you don't see yourself reflected as an equal
      Don Vincenzo Giobbe circa 1700

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123