• Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 219 of 219 FirstFirst ... 119209216217218219
    Results 4,361 to 4,366 of 4366

Thread: ki shusui project with a twist :)

icu2 is online now Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is usually here but if not I'm
      probably off flying

Feeling:
      Piratey

Amazing documentation Max!
      Pics from the lower pond are my favorites.
      And Phil Balshi shots were beautiful.
      --Steve
      Find more about Weather in Poulsbo, WA

"It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company." --George Washington

Koigrl is offline Supporting Member
      is koigrl is enjoying her feesh.
      :)

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by icu2 View Post
      Amazing documentation Max!
      Pics from the lower pond are my favorites.
      And Phil Balshi shots were beautiful.
      Thanks, Steve!!!
      Phil has a feeling for the koi as art. He's planning another show in Carmel, Ca.
      His website is Philbalshi.com
      Thanks for the tech intervention. ,
      Last edited by Koigrl; 6 Days Ago at 09:01 AM.

Ki Shusui Project : 300k Challenge : 500k Build : Flock Spawn Jamboree : Our Ki Midori Champions

Ten minute video of Russ Peters sexing our future ki shusui oyagoi. : http://youtu.be/AhROs1cjC18

Updated for the 2018 Harvest: What is "ki shusui?" Short version http://www.kishusui.com

Twelve seconds that are the entire point of the last seven years!
      https://youtu.be/zNqTJgM3lpY

If you're reading this, you're on Team Ki.
      Kichi loves company. Max

K-POTY 2013

lukef is offline king of the lilliputians
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I blinked, and you went from some nutty lady that had no idea of what she was trying to do and how difficult (impossible) it would be to accomplish such a thing to someone that must have every koi breeder's respect.
      You did an amazing thing; creating a fish you envisioned. And some of the healthiest fish I have seen. And since you are what you do..you must be amazing.
      I didn't think you could do it. I didn't think ANY hobbyist could do it. And you had so much sht happen especially with the ponds not holding water...And it has been so many years. And you kept going, and making progress...
      You are still a NUT for even trying.
      "Those aren't poodles. They're Dobermans with afros."

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by lukef View Post
      I blinked, and you went from some nutty lady that had no idea of what she was trying to do and how difficult (impossible) it would be to accomplish such a thing to someone that must have every koi breeder's respect.
      You did an amazing thing; creating a fish you envisioned. And some of the healthiest fish I have seen. And since you are what you do..you must be amazing.
      I didn't think you could do it. I didn't think ANY hobbyist could do it. And you had so much sht happen especially with the ponds not holding water...And it has been so many years. And you kept going, and making progress...
      You are still a NUT for even trying.
      Luke, thank you very much. Your words mean a lot to me and I'm taking them to heart.
      It took a village; John Clark taking the culls made it possible, the bulldozer men and ground crew at the pulls and having my koiphen friends to see the pictures and support this effort motivated me during those hard times.
      for being straight with me and sticking with my project all these years.

Max

P.S. I had a koiphen mentor who was also a Nut trying to breed Ki Kumonryu, the Golden Dragon, in Australia where you can't just go online and get the fish you need. Bindi borrowed fish, used wild carp, and came close to her dream when her oyagoi passed. I haven't heard from Bindi in about three years, but I hope she's well and happy. One of the last things she told me was that when I have my F3 spawn, "You'll have ki shusui coming out of your ears."
      An unforgettable image and F3 is still in the planning stage. Sorry I can't show her where we are at F2.

Last edited by Koigrl; 1 Week Ago at 10:03 AM.

Ki Shusui Project : 300k Challenge : 500k Build : Flock Spawn Jamboree : Our Ki Midori Champions

Ten minute video of Russ Peters sexing our future ki shusui oyagoi. : http://youtu.be/AhROs1cjC18

Updated for the 2018 Harvest: What is "ki shusui?" Short version http://www.kishusui.com

Kichi loves company. Max

K-POTY 2013

DarkStar is online now Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Koigrl, You got done just in time! Doing a cull in the colder temps would be downright wicked!

I looked back on the last few pages (its a lot to take in, all those pics to drool over). I still chuckle every time you mention "the Learning Curve Pond". At this point you seem light years beyond that.
      May I ask what you feed them, or is that a "trade secret"?

I'm sorry I couldn't take you up on your offer to come up this time, but attending one of your culls is on my Bucket List. Some day I want to see those beauties up close and in person!
      Find Something You Would Die For And Live for It.

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
      Koigrl, You got done just in time! Doing a cull in the colder temps would be downright wicked!

I looked back on the last few pages (its a lot to take in, all those pics to drool over). I still chuckle every time you mention "the Learning Curve Pond". At this point you seem light years beyond that.
      May I ask what you feed them, or is that a "trade secret"?

I'm sorry I couldn't take you up on your offer to come up this time, but attending one of your culls is on my Bucket List. Some day I want to see those beauties up close and in person!
      Hi, Darkstar!
      As for the Learning Curve Pond.
      When I started falling for koi in about 2006, I bought a lot of koi, one of each kind. I made a lot of mistakes, first thing, overcrowding = very bad. Over time the numbers reduced themselves, I fell for shusui, and then ki shusui as a challenge. I put in the ki shusui project pond in 2008-2009 and that's when the real project began.

The Learning Curve Pond has a large number of big fish and all their random flock-spawn offspring. It is a real hit to pull those monsters and cup their chins in my hand, impossible to explain why!

I feed all the fish Blackwater Creek foods; mostly Gold-N, medium pellet and also a few handfuls of large pellets, and now, I'm feeding BWC's cool weather medium pellet.

Since May, while I was trying to grow the 250 best ki shusui in the Lower Pond, I bought some Japanese Growth food. I mixed that with Gold-N, fed them 3x a day. The lunch meal included orange juice and freeze-dried blood worms. Yum!

Would it be interesting to see how much they've grown in five months?
      May 2018: Attached is a partial photo of a plastic tub with x# of 1 yr. olds who had been living in the lower pond (135k gals of flow-through well water) with a total of 750 siblings. I split that 750 into three batches, 250 into each pond; Big, Lower, LCP.

In October, last week, we took pix of a tub of the same size, full of the 1.5yr olds who have been getting the diet above, living with only 250 in the Lower Pond.

I estimate that in May, the fish averaged 4-6" long.
      In October, the average was 10-13" long.
      I'm very interested to see how they look next May.

Darkstar, any time you want to come to one of our Harvests, you are welcome.
      Next up, Learning Curve Pond on Oct. 25.
      Watch this space.

Attached Images Attached Images   
      Last edited by Koigrl; 2 Days Ago at 07:25 PM.

Kichi loves company. Max

K-POTY 2013

Page 219 of 219 FirstFirst ... 119209216217218219