• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 100 of 220 FirstFirst ... 90979899100101102103110200 ... LastLast
    Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 4390

    Thread: ki shusui project with a twist :)

    1. #1981
      Koigrl's Avatar
      Koigrl is offline Supporting Member
      is koigrl is enjoying her feesh.
      :)
       
      Feeling:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      Zone 6, NY, USA
      Posts
      5,602

      Quick snaps: Pls. Scroll down on this page for more!

      Team Ki,
      Yesterday, 6/19, the water was clear and the sun was high. Not saying "gin clear" but moving more toward "potable" than usual.

      Anyway, I took some shots of the herd swarming. Let's see if I can find one or two swarm shots to show you what they look like en masse.

      Also, one of the blues, the one Davo calls "handsome young man with hat," has yellow underbelly and clear kawa (half zip). Don't know what transparent dorsal scales are called, but, not visible in this shot, blue dorsals are trying to break from neck to dorsal fin, and I wonder if they'll happen. ???

      Also, a fuzzy picture of pretty much my ideal translucent greeny with sapphire blue zip, patent pending.

      Also: my number one candidate to match with akemi ki goi -- the fish Davo calls "Yellow Rainbow". Confession, i thought something had happened to this fish. It's my fave and i know you should never even have a thought like that! anyway, last i saw her was 5/27. Thought about her while i was away! yah, kichi >>>>>>>> me.

      She showed yesterday.
      The future bride of Akemi ki goi!!!



      PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR ADDED (AWESOME) PICTURES!
      Attached Images Attached Images        
      Last edited by Koigrl; 08-04-2013 at 11:41 PM.

    2. #1982
      powerman's Avatar
      powerman is offline Supporting Member
      is Optimistic
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      anacortes washington
      Posts
      4,316
      I love those swarm pictures.. that's a whole lot of sunshine in the water....
      DAN







    3. #1983
      Russell Peters's Avatar
      Russell Peters is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      .
      Posts
      25,534
      I can hear them sucking down the food.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

    4. #1984
      Koigrl's Avatar
      Koigrl is offline Supporting Member
      is koigrl is enjoying her feesh.
      :)
       
      Feeling:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      Zone 6, NY, USA
      Posts
      5,602
      Dan, Russ, thanks for the whoo-hoo.

      i just returned from the tosai pond. Another bright clear day down there in the formerly leaky pond!!! Do ya'll remember the three years of trying to get that dammed thing to hold water! yah, even i thought i was cuckoo. But perseverance and 375 yards of sieved blue clay saved the day!!!! oh, man.

      anyway, thinking about how much to feed them and it doesn't seem like any amount is too much.
      was feeding them a dry pound a day, and then, two pounds and now that's climbing, too.

      feeding them four times a day, and somewhere i heard that you can feed them seven times a day!
      Russ?
      Is there a formula?
      I have about 250 tosai look like 10 -12" long.




      Ki Shusui Project : 300k Challenge : 500k Build : Flock Spawn Jamboree : Our Ki Midori Champions




      Ten minute video of Russ Peters sexing our future ki shusui oyagoi. : http://youtu.be/AhROs1cjC18

      Updated for the 2018 Harvest: What is "ki shusui?" Short version http://www.kishusui.com

      Twelve seconds that are the entire point of the last seven years!
      https://youtu.be/zNqTJgM3lpY

      If you're reading this, you're on Team Ki.
      Kichi loves company. Max


      K-POTY 2013

    5. #1985
      Nikki1011 is offline Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      54
      Max, are you breeding any koi this year???

    6. #1986
      Koigrl's Avatar
      Koigrl is offline Supporting Member
      is koigrl is enjoying her feesh.
      :)
       
      Feeling:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      Zone 6, NY, USA
      Posts
      5,602
      Quote Originally Posted by Nikki1011 View Post
      Max, are you breeding any koi this year???
      Nikki, I think not. I'm going to pull the ponds this October, going to rehome fish like crazy from the learning curve and original ki shusui project pond to make room for the F1 tosai that aren't going to be part of the F2 breeding program.

      Then, got to deal with the soon-to-be oyagoi -- however, they won't spawn until May 2014, if then.

      i have precious little in the way of baby koi in the two big ponds this year, Thank Ki!

      All the best!



      Ki Shusui Project : 300k Challenge : 500k Build : Flock Spawn Jamboree : Our Ki Midori Champions




      Ten minute video of Russ Peters sexing our future ki shusui oyagoi. : http://youtu.be/AhROs1cjC18

      Updated for the 2018 Harvest: What is "ki shusui?" Short version http://www.kishusui.com

      Twelve seconds that are the entire point of the last seven years!
      https://youtu.be/zNqTJgM3lpY

      If you're reading this, you're on Team Ki.
      Kichi loves company. Max


      K-POTY 2013

    7. #1987
      Russell Peters's Avatar
      Russell Peters is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      .
      Posts
      25,534
      Quote Originally Posted by Koigrl View Post
      Dan, Russ, thanks for the whoo-hoo.

      i just returned from the tosai pond. Another bright clear day down there in the formerly leaky pond!!! Do ya'll remember the three years of trying to get that dammed thing to hold water! yah, even i thought i was cuckoo. But perseverance and 375 yards of sieved blue clay saved the day!!!! oh, man.

      anyway, thinking about how much to feed them and it doesn't seem like any amount is too much.
      was feeding them a dry pound a day, and then, two pounds and now that's climbing, too.

      feeding them four times a day, and somewhere i heard that you can feed them seven times a day!
      Russ?
      Is there a formula?
      I have about 250 tosai look like 10 -12" long.

      You can feed Tosai as much as you want and they'll just keep growing.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

    8. #1988
      Koigrl's Avatar
      Koigrl is offline Supporting Member
      is koigrl is enjoying her feesh.
      :)
       
      Feeling:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      Zone 6, NY, USA
      Posts
      5,602
      Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
      You can feed Tosai as much as you want and they'll just keep growing.
      Duly noted!

      Putting in order for 2 tons of Blackwater Creek Gold.



      Ki Shusui Project : 300k Challenge : 500k Build : Flock Spawn Jamboree : Our Ki Midori Champions




      Ten minute video of Russ Peters sexing our future ki shusui oyagoi. : http://youtu.be/AhROs1cjC18

      Updated for the 2018 Harvest: What is "ki shusui?" Short version http://www.kishusui.com

      Twelve seconds that are the entire point of the last seven years!
      https://youtu.be/zNqTJgM3lpY

      If you're reading this, you're on Team Ki.
      Kichi loves company. Max


      K-POTY 2013

    9. #1989
      Nikki1011 is offline Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      54
      Max, if you get frisky and decide to re-home to Indiana, please let me know!!!!

    10. #1990
      Koigrl's Avatar
      Koigrl is offline Supporting Member
      is koigrl is enjoying her feesh.
      :)
       
      Feeling:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      Zone 6, NY, USA
      Posts
      5,602
      Quote Originally Posted by Nikki1011 View Post
      Max, if you get frisky and decide to re-home to Indiana, please let me know!!!!
      Duly noted.



      Ki Shusui Project : 300k Challenge : 500k Build : Flock Spawn Jamboree : Our Ki Midori Champions




      Ten minute video of Russ Peters sexing our future ki shusui oyagoi. : http://youtu.be/AhROs1cjC18

      Updated for the 2018 Harvest: What is "ki shusui?" Short version http://www.kishusui.com

      Twelve seconds that are the entire point of the last seven years!
      https://youtu.be/zNqTJgM3lpY

      If you're reading this, you're on Team Ki.
      Kichi loves company. Max


      K-POTY 2013

    11. #1991
      Koigrl's Avatar
      Koigrl is offline Supporting Member
      is koigrl is enjoying her feesh.
      :)
       
      Feeling:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      Zone 6, NY, USA
      Posts
      5,602

      Hoist the flag!

      Shot today at 2:30 p.m.
      Good day to be a blue-yellow-green fish.

      Going out now to feed them. Again.
      Attached Images Attached Images                                



      Ki Shusui Project : 300k Challenge : 500k Build : Flock Spawn Jamboree : Our Ki Midori Champions




      Ten minute video of Russ Peters sexing our future ki shusui oyagoi. : http://youtu.be/AhROs1cjC18

      Updated for the 2018 Harvest: What is "ki shusui?" Short version http://www.kishusui.com

      Twelve seconds that are the entire point of the last seven years!
      https://youtu.be/zNqTJgM3lpY

      If you're reading this, you're on Team Ki.
      Kichi loves company. Max


      K-POTY 2013

    12. #1992
      wayne1's Avatar
      wayne1 is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      The Gower SOUTH WALES UK
      Posts
      1,390
      thats four tons of food !double posted ! and yea !they are looking great !get them fattened up well for winter and a good may !on the way 2014 ! wow F2 will be one to see going by the good ones you already have ! and Akemi ki gopi addition and F3 these will be hard to beat even from Yamnaka ohya San ! .
      As for mr Baldry San F2's they look ok so far plenty of ki ! and 1 inch long at 16 days old ! and on dry foods lol ! can't wait to see these so Ki on both sides of the pond ! world wide domination by 2014 !lol we have a '' Ki movement around the world '' things are moving a pace !,and support is growing !.
      this will be great to watch !.

    13. #1993
      Koigrl's Avatar
      Koigrl is offline Supporting Member
      is koigrl is enjoying her feesh.
      :)
       
      Feeling:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      Zone 6, NY, USA
      Posts
      5,602
      Quote Originally Posted by wayne1 View Post
      thats four tons of food !double posted ! and yea !they are looking great !get them fattened up well for winter and a good may !on the way 2014 ! wow F2 will be one to see going by the good ones you already have ! and Akemi ki gopi addition and F3 these will be hard to beat even from Yamnaka ohya San ! .
      As for mr Baldry San F2's they look ok so far plenty of ki ! and 1 inch long at 16 days old ! and on dry foods lol ! can't wait to see these so Ki on both sides of the pond ! world wide domination by 2014 !lol we have a '' Ki movement around the world '' things are moving a pace !,and support is growing !.

      this will be great to watch !.
      Wayne!
      Thanks for the LOLs
      Ki World Dominion.
      Global support.
      By about six of us.
      Or maybe not that many. LOLOL

      Wayne, could you comment on my nude fish?
      I think they have same parents as some of my blue-scaled fish, and if you look at them from the top view, they resemble my marusaka midori.

      Do they have any value to the F2 cross?
      Attached Images Attached Images  



      Ki Shusui Project : 300k Challenge : 500k Build : Flock Spawn Jamboree : Our Ki Midori Champions




      Ten minute video of Russ Peters sexing our future ki shusui oyagoi. : http://youtu.be/AhROs1cjC18

      Updated for the 2018 Harvest: What is "ki shusui?" Short version http://www.kishusui.com

      Twelve seconds that are the entire point of the last seven years!
      https://youtu.be/zNqTJgM3lpY

      If you're reading this, you're on Team Ki.
      Kichi loves company. Max


      K-POTY 2013

    14. #1994
      Midorigoi's Avatar
      Midorigoi is offline ‘Gecko Girl’
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      3,059
      Quote Originally Posted by Koigrl View Post
      Duly noted!

      Putting in order for 2 tons of Blackwater Creek Gold.
      HOLY ...and I thought my recent order for a 40lb bag was a lot!
      (ps: the ki saga now spans over 100 pages )

    15. #1995
      Koigrl's Avatar
      Koigrl is offline Supporting Member
      is koigrl is enjoying her feesh.
      :)
       
      Feeling:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      Zone 6, NY, USA
      Posts
      5,602
      Quote Originally Posted by Midorigoi View Post
      HOLY ...and I thought my recent order for a 40lb bag was a lot!
      (ps: the ki saga now spans over 100 pages )
      LOL, Stacy, in the interest of full disclosure, i only bought 10, 40lb bags.
      Might have to look into autofeeders.

      re: page count.
      I'm not done yet!




      Ki Shusui Project : 300k Challenge : 500k Build : Flock Spawn Jamboree : Our Ki Midori Champions




      Ten minute video of Russ Peters sexing our future ki shusui oyagoi. : http://youtu.be/AhROs1cjC18

      Updated for the 2018 Harvest: What is "ki shusui?" Short version http://www.kishusui.com

      Twelve seconds that are the entire point of the last seven years!
      https://youtu.be/zNqTJgM3lpY

      If you're reading this, you're on Team Ki.
      Kichi loves company. Max


      K-POTY 2013

    16. #1996
      wayne1's Avatar
      wayne1 is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      The Gower SOUTH WALES UK
      Posts
      1,390
      Hi Maxine and Ki Team !
      Well Nude koi before we get down and dirty !lol could not resist that one ,falls off me chair ,head first into book case ! missing my small grow out tank ,with my f2's in !lol !
      Ok well yes I did Spawn with a selection of males from the same brood so all brother and sisters ! ,so you get all possable crosses also the fact not all fish carry the right set fo gene's even if they look perfect !.
      So to cover all angles and out come's yes use these nude leathers as they will produce some great looking fish as they are quailty looking and skin is Amazing so yes there is a risk of the leathal gene but you have striped fish (scaled carring gene) to help fix the line !, in there and Ki Asagi and also the fact you have these blue dorsals will also carry scaled genes as head to first ray dorsal will give you scaled gene's also . !.
      so you have in my opinion the right mix ! so it's just really selection and segregation and putting pair's and trio's together and taking some from each spawning and comparing them if you can in a set of stew ponds made out of straw bales and a liner ,with air and seeding with manure 14 days before pland spawning and adding a culture of daphnia if needed ,and getting them up to a size to compare results of each set ! ,so on each a tag of pic's of brood fish and a result sheet all in a weather proof plastic sleve pined on each pond these can be shallow 18 -24inch inches ,and it's all on surface area so 10ftx 10ft and can be caged or if space is a problem just dig out small fry ponds 4ft x 2ft x 2ft deep and use as a sample ponds so say 250fry in each to see in the first 6-8 weeks how they fair and give you what you need to know as to what fish have the right gene's combo for your perfect fish .
      That's how I do it but in Aquariums in a shed ! in heated tanks and this give's me quick results to see the best pairings and trio's .
      So just some idear's here to help out !.
      Fly the flag sing the song Ki is Going big ! '' IM FOREVER KI ''
      Last edited by wayne1; 06-21-2013 at 05:22 AM.

    17. #1997
      Koigrl's Avatar
      Koigrl is offline Supporting Member
      is koigrl is enjoying her feesh.
      :)
       
      Feeling:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      Zone 6, NY, USA
      Posts
      5,602

      H-e-l-l-l-l-p !!!!

      Quote Originally Posted by wayne1 View Post
      Hi Maxine and Ki Team !
      Well Nude koi before we get down and dirty !lol could not resist that one ,falls off me chair ,head first into book case ! missing my small grow out tank ,with my f2's in !lol !
      Ok well yes I did Spawn with a selection of males from the same brood so all brother and sisters ! ,so you get all possable crosses also the fact not all fish carry the right set fo gene's even if they look perfect !.
      So to cover all angles and out come's yes use these nude leathers as they will produce some great looking fish as they are quailty looking and skin is Amazing so yes there is a risk of the leathal gene but you have striped fish (scaled carring gene) to help fix the line !, in there and Ki Asagi and also the fact you have these blue dorsals will also carry scaled genes as head to first ray dorsal will give you scaled gene's also . !.
      so you have in my opinion the right mix ! so it's just really selection and segregation and putting pair's and trio's together and taking some from each spawning and comparing them if you can in a set of stew ponds made out of straw bales and a liner ,with air and seeding with manure 14 days before pland spawning and adding a culture of daphnia if needed ,and getting them up to a size to compare results of each set ! ,so on each a tag of pic's of brood fish and a result sheet all in a weather proof plastic sleve pined on each pond these can be shallow 18 -24inch inches ,and it's all on surface area so 10ftx 10ft and can be caged or if space is a problem just dig out small fry ponds 4ft x 2ft x 2ft deep and use as a sample ponds so say 250fry in each to see in the first 6-8 weeks how they fair and give you what you need to know as to what fish have the right gene's combo for your perfect fish .
      That's how I do it but in Aquariums in a shed ! in heated tanks and this give's me quick results to see the best pairings and trio's .
      So just some idear's here to help out !.
      Fly the flag sing the song Ki is Going big ! '' IM FOREVER KI ''
      Wayne, thanks for the LOLs!!!!



      How am I going to do this????

      I can't drag this ship into the Tortugas all by my onsies. Savvy?



      Ki Shusui Project : 300k Challenge : 500k Build : Flock Spawn Jamboree : Our Ki Midori Champions




      Ten minute video of Russ Peters sexing our future ki shusui oyagoi. : http://youtu.be/AhROs1cjC18

      Updated for the 2018 Harvest: What is "ki shusui?" Short version http://www.kishusui.com

      Twelve seconds that are the entire point of the last seven years!
      https://youtu.be/zNqTJgM3lpY

      If you're reading this, you're on Team Ki.
      Kichi loves company. Max


      K-POTY 2013

    18. #1998
      Longfin Lover's Avatar
      Longfin Lover is offline Senior Member
      is Northern Ponder
       
      Feeling:
      Happy
       
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Near Guelph, Ontario, Canada
      Posts
      1,691
      Lots of golden sunshine in those pictures.....the koi kind. LOL.
      In the second picture of post 1992, looks like one koi is being squished out of the crown...like toothpaste out of a tube.

      proudly Canadian

    19. #1999
      Koigrl's Avatar
      Koigrl is offline Supporting Member
      is koigrl is enjoying her feesh.
      :)
       
      Feeling:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      Zone 6, NY, USA
      Posts
      5,602

      What? Me, worry?

      What? Me, worry?
      I got the local team here. They just don't know about my plans for May 2014, Broccoli Hall Koi College and Ki Kichi Breeding Program. Dot Com.





      Attached Images Attached Images  



      Ki Shusui Project : 300k Challenge : 500k Build : Flock Spawn Jamboree : Our Ki Midori Champions




      Ten minute video of Russ Peters sexing our future ki shusui oyagoi. : http://youtu.be/AhROs1cjC18

      Updated for the 2018 Harvest: What is "ki shusui?" Short version http://www.kishusui.com

      Twelve seconds that are the entire point of the last seven years!
      https://youtu.be/zNqTJgM3lpY

      If you're reading this, you're on Team Ki.
      Kichi loves company. Max


      K-POTY 2013

    20. #2000
      powerman's Avatar
      powerman is offline Supporting Member
      is Optimistic
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      anacortes washington
      Posts
      4,316
      Great pic of your local team... and awesome koi pictures again...
      You are playing with some fun genetics.. the midori look really sweet... ki all over the place.. the blue zips.. the next generation is going to be exciting to see!
      DAN







    Page 100 of 220 FirstFirst ... 90979899100101102103110200 ... LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •