• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 21

    Thread: Post your pictures and sizes to be eligible for the growout prize

    1. #1
      Zac Penn's Avatar
      Zac Penn is offline Supporting Member
      is the owner of Deepwater Koi
      Innovations
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Jacksonville, Fl
      Posts
      4,853

      Post your pictures and sizes to be eligible for the growout prize

      You guys need to post your pictures showing the sizes of the fish you received. Remember this is a growout competition so the person with the most average growth after six months will choose whether they want an aditional Chagoi or Ochiba that I have growing out with me.

      Start a new thread in this forum to poste your pictures and update it every once in a while.

      Zac
      Zac Penn.... Not an expert on Pump Testing, no matter what people may think!
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com


    2. #2
      BillJ is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Illinois Quad Cities
      Posts
      3,845
      Any one else still in this? My biggest bailed out and I'm not sure where I stand.

      Bill

    3. #3
      slmtrm's Avatar
      slmtrm is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      Hayden Alabama
      Posts
      2,384
      Quote Originally Posted by BillJ View Post
      Any one else still in this? My biggest bailed out and I'm not sure where I stand.

      Bill
      Sorry........They just don't look as big after they shrivel up
      PROUD LIFETIME MEMBER

      American and British Troop Out Of Afghanistan.....


      After you DESTROY all the Taliban and AL-QAEDA still breathing


    4. #4
      BillJ is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Illinois Quad Cities
      Posts
      3,845
      Quote Originally Posted by slmtrm View Post
      Sorry........They just don't look as big after they shrivel up

      So....you out?

      Bill

    5. #5
      BillJ is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Illinois Quad Cities
      Posts
      3,845
      Just saw your other post. Guess not.

      Bill

    6. #6
      BillJ is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Illinois Quad Cities
      Posts
      3,845
      Quote Originally Posted by ZP Construction LLC View Post
      You guys need to post your pictures showing the sizes of the fish you received. Remember this is a growout competition so the person with the most average growth after six months will choose whether they want an aditional Chagoi or Ochiba that I have growing out with me.

      Start a new thread in this forum to poste your pictures and update it every once in a while.

      Zac
      On what date does it officially end,Zac? My tank's 64F. Maybe I need to add heat and feed heavier. I have to make up for one loss that,you said,counts,right? I must factor in the dead one? Dang! Why didn't I measure it prior to disposing of it?

      Bill

    7. #7
      six6guy's Avatar
      six6guy is offline Bumbles Well
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Location
      Reseda, CA
      Posts
      8,323
      I thought he said six months, but I don't really care... just let us know.

      Brad










      "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
      Albert Einstein

      Bradley W. Olin
      newest member of EIHIOICGI





      My pond stuff can be found at...

      My Pond Build
      My QT Build
      My CC-FF Build
      My Active Carbon Filters

    8. #8
      slmtrm's Avatar
      slmtrm is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      Hayden Alabama
      Posts
      2,384
      Quote Originally Posted by BillJ View Post
      Just saw your other post. Guess not.

      Bill
      I'm still kickin and chucking food


      BTW Some just want to get really broad and fat....Any ideas how to stretch them out My lone Chag is definately not short But the soragoi no longer looks like a football koi......it is now officially a basketball koi
      PROUD LIFETIME MEMBER

      American and British Troop Out Of Afghanistan.....


      After you DESTROY all the Taliban and AL-QAEDA still breathing


    9. #9
      Zac Penn's Avatar
      Zac Penn is offline Supporting Member
      is the owner of Deepwater Koi
      Innovations
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Jacksonville, Fl
      Posts
      4,853
      Well if we wanted to go by the 6 month deadline then that would be Feb. I thought I said that you did not have to average in the suicidal fish.

      If anyone has a problem with this we can talk it out, but here is my thinking on it...
      Extra fish were added into each persons order to cover if a fish died during transport. Take the largest of the fish provided that add up to the total number of fish ordered...IE: If you ordered five fish, you probably got 7 fish in the bag, take the five largest fish and use them for the competition.
      Add the total before length of your five fish.
      Subtract the before length from the total finished length and divide that by five.
      This will be your average growth per fish ordered.
      Who ever has the highest growth rate per fish wins!!!!

      So if you had a suicidal fish, then use one of the extras in the competition!

      How does that sound?
      Zac
      Zac Penn.... Not an expert on Pump Testing, no matter what people may think!
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com


    10. #10
      six6guy's Avatar
      six6guy is offline Bumbles Well
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Location
      Reseda, CA
      Posts
      8,323
      February is fine... say Valentines day?

      The average idea is a good one. Pictures required would keep us all honest... well that and I want to see them.

      I think I lost an extra, a tancho kohaku, in the new QT but I'm not 100% sure. It's possible for me to loose one if they are in the drain line when I do a water change, but only the smallest ones can go there.

      Brad










      "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
      Albert Einstein

      Bradley W. Olin
      newest member of EIHIOICGI





      My pond stuff can be found at...

      My Pond Build
      My QT Build
      My CC-FF Build
      My Active Carbon Filters

    11. #11
      slmtrm's Avatar
      slmtrm is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      Hayden Alabama
      Posts
      2,384
      Quote Originally Posted by ZP Construction LLC View Post
      Well if we wanted to go by the 6 month deadline then that would be Feb. I thought I said that you did not have to average in the suicidal fish.

      If anyone has a problem with this we can talk it out, but here is my thinking on it...
      Extra fish were added into each persons order to cover if a fish died during transport. Take the largest of the fish provided that add up to the total number of fish ordered...IE: If you ordered five fish, you probably got 7 fish in the bag, take the five largest fish and use them for the competition.
      Add the total before length of your five fish.
      Subtract the before length from the total finished length and divide that by five.
      This will be your average growth per fish ordered.
      Who ever has the highest growth rate per fish wins!!!!

      So if you had a suicidal fish, then use one of the extras in the competition!

      How does that sound?
      Zac
      Great

      Couldn't I just measure the same fish 5 x's






      just kidding Btw on some can I measure the girth rather than the length
      PROUD LIFETIME MEMBER

      American and British Troop Out Of Afghanistan.....


      After you DESTROY all the Taliban and AL-QAEDA still breathing


    12. #12
      Zac Penn's Avatar
      Zac Penn is offline Supporting Member
      is the owner of Deepwater Koi
      Innovations
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Jacksonville, Fl
      Posts
      4,853
      Quote Originally Posted by six6guy View Post
      February is fine... say Valentines day?

      The average idea is a good one. Pictures required would keep us all honest... well that and I want to see them.

      I think I lost an extra, a tancho kohaku, in the new QT but I'm not 100% sure. It's possible for me to loose one if they are in the drain line when I do a water change, but only the smallest ones can go there.

      Brad

      You way want to attach a sock net or laundry bag to the output line from the SC and ADR to make sure if a fish goes down the waste line they will be caught by the bag before heading to the sewer.
      Zac Penn.... Not an expert on Pump Testing, no matter what people may think!
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com


    13. #13
      Zac Penn's Avatar
      Zac Penn is offline Supporting Member
      is the owner of Deepwater Koi
      Innovations
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Jacksonville, Fl
      Posts
      4,853
      Valentines day sounds good to me. Yes pictures of each fish that is measure will be required. Not to prove that the measurements are correct but so we can see how they all turned out. Seeing as how we only have like four people competing out of thirty that ordered, the more pictures the better.

      Zac
      Zac Penn.... Not an expert on Pump Testing, no matter what people may think!
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com


    14. #14
      Zac Penn's Avatar
      Zac Penn is offline Supporting Member
      is the owner of Deepwater Koi
      Innovations
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Jacksonville, Fl
      Posts
      4,853
      Here are some updated pictures of the fish I am growing out. It is amazing how much of a difference there is in some of the sizes.






      Zac Penn.... Not an expert on Pump Testing, no matter what people may think!
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com


    15. #15
      slmtrm's Avatar
      slmtrm is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      Hayden Alabama
      Posts
      2,384
      nice
      PROUD LIFETIME MEMBER

      American and British Troop Out Of Afghanistan.....


      After you DESTROY all the Taliban and AL-QAEDA still breathing


    16. #16
      slmtrm's Avatar
      slmtrm is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      Hayden Alabama
      Posts
      2,384
      Zac
      We're awaiting the official announcement of the results
      plus pics and size of the one's you grew out
      PROUD LIFETIME MEMBER

      American and British Troop Out Of Afghanistan.....


      After you DESTROY all the Taliban and AL-QAEDA still breathing


    17. #17
      Zac Penn's Avatar
      Zac Penn is offline Supporting Member
      is the owner of Deepwater Koi
      Innovations
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Jacksonville, Fl
      Posts
      4,853
      Yeah...Sorry about the delay! Everyone did a great job growing these little buggers out, but they must have something in that Alabama water that makes them grow just a little bit bigger. So it looks like Alabama wins the NCAA National Championship in football and in fry husbandry!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am really slammed with some small remodeling jobs (THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) So I did not have much time for my little ones. They do have some great potential, but they aren't very large. I have one nice Ochiba that is about 8-9", a chagoi that is about 12", another Chagoi that has really nice reticulation at about 10-11". I will try to get pictures this week for you. I have really hard water so a few tiny shimys are showing up on the soragoi, and ochiba, but they will go away with softer water. I will be in touch in a day or two with pics.

      Thanks to the three of you that actually participated, and I am sure there will be other opportunities for fry grow outs this year.
      Zac
      Zac Penn.... Not an expert on Pump Testing, no matter what people may think!
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com


    18. #18
      slmtrm's Avatar
      slmtrm is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      Hayden Alabama
      Posts
      2,384
      Quote Originally Posted by ZP Construction LLC View Post
      Yeah...Sorry about the delay! Everyone did a great job growing these little buggers out, but they must have something in that Alabama water that makes them grow just a little bit bigger. So it looks like Alabama wins the NCAA National Championship in football and in fry husbandry!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am really slammed with some small remodeling jobs (THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) So I did not have much time for my little ones. They do have some great potential, but they aren't very large. I have one nice Ochiba that is about 8-9", a chagoi that is about 12", another Chagoi that has really nice reticulation at about 10-11". I will try to get pictures this week for you. I have really hard water so a few tiny shimys are showing up on the soragoi, and ochiba, but they will go away with softer water. I will be in touch in a day or two with pics.

      Thanks to the three of you that actually participated, and I am sure there will be other opportunities for fry grow outs this year.
      Zac
      It's all about the TANK man It's all about the tank


      More water=bigger fish
      PROUD LIFETIME MEMBER

      American and British Troop Out Of Afghanistan.....


      After you DESTROY all the Taliban and AL-QAEDA still breathing


    19. #19
      stephen's Avatar
      stephen is online now Koiphen Member
      WWKC Lifetime Charter Diamond Member #2
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Location
      Koiphenville
      Posts
      32,051

      Wink

      Attached Images Attached Images  

    20. #20
      slmtrm's Avatar
      slmtrm is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      Hayden Alabama
      Posts
      2,384
      Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      PROUD LIFETIME MEMBER

      American and British Troop Out Of Afghanistan.....


      After you DESTROY all the Taliban and AL-QAEDA still breathing


    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •